Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Today on to France!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to Maria as she was driving from the St Louis airport to her husband... all went smooth even with some thunderstorms that had gone through Chicago airport... she was getting home to her husband on time and without any major issues with her two little ones. I was in the backseat as my son in law drove us the 11 hours to get home, and my rosary was very busy when I knew she was taking off and landing and just most of the way home!  My heart was bursting with the joy of the week with my wonderful family in my wonderful Michigan, and yes there are some anxiety butterflies about heading to Fance this afternoon!
The getting away from here is always so hard for Pat as he has over 100 cows and calves out on pasture that he is worried about and responsible for.  The heat and humidity here has been so horrible these last few days... I am sure that Ruth with her 3 will be enjoying the coolness and the beauty of the big lake for another week. 

Our days there are going with me so strongly and now to share a bit of that with our daughter in France - Hallel!
I have to go and get things all lined up for this amazing craziness that I am in the middle of... literally...Today's morning prayer that we shared together to start our day on the right foot... was all about how we are to trust in the Lord to look after our every need as he does the wonderful earth that He created and all that dwells within it!  So good for us to hear with our ears, our hearts and our souls!

With beauty and joy within me... I read with my husband and son this morning an "Hallel psalm" of complete praise and joy to the Lord and it was so appropriate for us as we are preparing to leave today, that I would like to use this as a parting anthem as we travel across the ocean to be with our beloved daughter Little Sister Hallel, who we so honored to know... Her beloved Spouse, Jesus Christ, called her to Him and she answered Him with great Joy and Abandon!

Psalm 104
"Bless the Lord, my soul!
Lord God, how great you are!

You make the grass grow for the cattle
 and the plants to serve man's needs,
that bring forth bread from the earth
 and wine to cheer man's heart;
oil, to make him glad
 and bread to stengthen man's heart.

The tress of the Lord drink their fill,
the cedars he planted on Lebanon;
there the birds build their nests:
on the tree-top the stork has her home.
The goats find a home on the mountains
and rabbits hide in the rocks.

I will sing to the Lord all my life,
make music to my God while I live.
May my thoughts be pleasing to him.
I find joy in the Lord.
Bless the Lord, my soul."
Lord Jesus Christ... how I love you and thank you for all that you have showered down upon me and for the opportunity we now have to join our wonderful Hallel with her community in France.  WE know without a shadow of a doubt that you love us and care for us and fill our cup to overflowing!  We put everything into your hands and ask that we can have the peace which passes understanding.  Jesus, we trust in you as we look at the world around us and see your fingerprint on all!  Amen and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb

"When our Lady's little boy tumbled and grazed his knees, what acts of faith she must have made as she bathed them - faith like that which enabled her to believe, when she saw the Son of God fall beneath the cross and could not pick him up.  Awareness of the presence of the Divine Child in us draws us off from every distracting and destructive preoccupation, such as self pity, anxiety, irritability with other people, the morbidity which leads us to dwell more upon our own sinfulness than upon the beauty of God.  In the wonder of his awareness, we are able to accept the humiliation of being ourselves."
Caryll Houselander (1954)

Act of Faith


"O my God, I firmly believe that you are one God in three divine persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I believe that your divine Son became man and died for our sins, and that he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the holy catholic Church teaches, because in revealing them you can neither deceive nor be deceived. "

No comments:

Post a Comment