Snow day for the grandkids and coming over for the afternoon... mom and dad have to work still. I am still going to head out to the Cities at noon as John and I have a big day at Rochester tomorrow for his 3 month check up. So life goes on with a wing and a prayer for safety for all those that are out on the terrible side roads trying to live normally. Today is not a normal day... it is a day we get only once every 4 years - Leap Year! And it is especially special for Pat and I as the person responsible for us meeting has her birthday today. Margie Rose/Raterra is 60 today, but in reality has had only 15 birthdays! She has plans to be with both of her kids by tonight and one has to fly in from Seatle to be with her! It is to be a special family time for her, and it shows what truly matters to her and what her biggest and best wish is...to be with her family! I so agree with that as being the best way I could think of celebrating, and am glad that even with the weather coming into play that she is able to go ahead with her plans. Happy Birthday, dear friend, and it is so evident to me that Divine Providence brought us together at the U of M 41 years ago after Welcome week! We never had classes together, but we met and were held together by Pat's prayers for a Catholic wife...but first I had to convert with my entire family! First I had to convert, and become a nurse and work as a nurse at my beloved HCMC, and then come to your wedding after I had been a Catholic 6 years and gone through my nun years as well as the very beautiful romantic years of a new Catholic - so in LOVE with everything and all the books, and saints, and art,and mass, and everything about being Catholic! Then we saw each other for the first time really... when I came home with you in college - he was only 15 and we really did not "see" each other then. I came to your wedding on a hot day - June 10, 1977... I stayed at your house. Thinking about it now- that was pretty bold on my part! Pat will always remember that I laid out in the sun in my swimsuit and said my rosary that afternoon... just the combination a Catolic guy liked to see, I guess. He speaks about it to this day - in talks at TEC and everwhere... embarrassing! It made the fact that I was 3 years older seem like no problem at all! So the rest is history! Thank you, dear friend, and happy birthday so rare and special! Bless-bless
Praying for safe travels and good news in Rochester! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Halleluia
No comments:
Post a Comment