We gathered in prayer around our feast - each of us thankful for something as we went around the circle from 2 year old Luke up to 96 year old great-grandma Anna!
Our lives have been filled with unending prayer, and for John his half-hearted prayer for Faith was answered with the Lord allowing him to find brain cancer and to discover his Faith, the power of prayer, and also taught many others how to pray and that it is real and powerful and that Jesus continues to walk among us healing! John now has a prayer ministry, and prays for others whenever the need comes along... right then and there!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
A flash back to Christmas camp years ago - doing "O Happy Day!"
As happy as John sounded as I reminded him this morning that this was his week of prayer 6 years ago! "I have a big sappy grin on my face right now!" We all continue to marvel at the power of Jesus alive and well in our lives! Today's Gospel fits right into my wave of deep emotion this day - Jesus went around to the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, and curing every disease and illness. At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd. Matthew 9 How do we come into his sight and command his pity/mercy - by humbly falling on our knees asking for forgiveness in the Confessional and praying that we may die to self so that His Holy Spirit may work in us! For Jesus tells us in the Gospel - "The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest." I see this in John, as he burns to share his message and he prays for every need he encounters! May I be a better laborer for your harvest, O Lord!
Imagine the part from "O Happy Day" this is!
I had to call John back as I looked at the journal we kept during his cancer battle and discovered that in the midst of his week of prayer there was a huge International conference held in New Orleans at which John's rare case was discussed and it was decided that he should have stem cell transplant done! To think that the head doctors from the world over were there discussing John surrounded by an ocean of prayer! Wow!
I called John and said "Here is another OOOO-la-la moment" before I shared about the conference. We laughed because Susan/Little Sister Hallel now says this often since she has become French in many ways - speaking it and thinking in French and praying in French. It added to the smile factor of this glorious morning!
Another cool thing this first Saturday devoted always to The Blessed Virgin Mary - the Psalm for today is one of the Hallel Psalms - giving God the highest praise - Psalm 147!
Praise the Lord, for he is good;
sing praise to our God, for he is gracious;
it is fitting to praise him.
He gathers the broken hearted
and binds up their wounds.
He tells the number of the stars;
he calls each by name.
Blessed are all who wait for the Lord.
John ministering to his grandmother - praying with her, bringing her The Eucharist, and blessing her with Lourdes water!
John fresh out of the healing miraculous waters of Lourdes - he had them pour the water over his head - "That is where I need the healing!" John fell madly in love with Our Lady - just as prayer continues to fill each minute of each new day - so also Our Spiritual Mother has become John's love - he always mentions her so lovingly and shares her prayer with all groups that he speaks at. "Hail Mary!"
Jesus, so much this day has colored it with sunlight and joy and peace and "no more will you weep: He will be gracious to you when you cry out, as soon as he hears he will answer you. The Lord will give you the bread you need, and the water for which you thirst. No longer will your Teacher hide himself, but with your own eyes you shall see your Teacher. While from behind, a voice shall sound in your ears: 'This is the way, walk in it,' "Isaiah 30 - the first reading from mass today! Lord, I fall on my knees knowing that without you I am nothing! I am overwhelmed by your mercy and LOVE! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Hallel taking the habit in the midst of John's journey. Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

Danielle Rose - Small things with great love
She will be performing tonight in Ghent at 7:30p - I am so excited!
http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2015/12/on-having-a-generous-heart.html... Please check out this great post Nancy put on her blog yesterday. Wonderful to ponder this Advent Season.
Sister Act 2 - Oh, Happy Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment