Thursday, December 17, 2015

God has a divine plan!

I have to admit when the Christmas tree was on the floor, and I was talking to Maria on the phone and found myself loudly disciplining the kids... I was disappointed in myself and frazzled.  Well, after a bath and making my bed and having kids dressed and fed... I sat down with Dominic and the other two to watch Dinosaur Train.  It was great to sit and snuggle and do nothing but just get and give some loving quiet time!  "This is great, and why didn't I do this sooner?"  I thought to myself.  I remembered my own kid days and watching Simon and Mary and David - the times I would just sit and hold them and snuggle were the best! 

After some time of using Public TV... I could see the kids were getting restless.  So, it wasn't the kind of day you can go outside... so we started running the length of the house! 
 Good thing it is small now, and it was soon back up...  The kids put the ornaments back on, so...

Today the Gospel is the genealogy showing us that God has a divine plan and all is just not just haphazard circumstances!  This time in our family when all of us are in the state of moving... well, we are certainly facing it together!  And always asking and trusting in His Plan for us! 
 From one end of the house to the other!
 I am learning that with some snuggles and playtime/exercise time... the kids are happier and grandma is happier too! 

John called and we prayed together on the phone this morning.  I was about to say that we needed to get together and pray and then I remembered The Grocery store girl, and we prayed right then and there on the phone!  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html

Here it is from my page about John's cancer journey!  I have seen John pray for others just like this!  He has a prayer ministry now returning to others what they have given to him!
"As the family was all around John  - I took a day away to make FOOD!  I just needed a down day to make some homecooked food for the family, and get some mental health time.  I ended up at a big Cub Food store that was nearby.  As I slowly walked the aisles picking out what I needed... I got in line of a black checkout woman about my age.  She asked me the ususal - "How are you doing?"  I just couldn't say the usual "fine."  I said - "Not that good."  "You at least have money for food." she says, "unlike that guy ahead of you."  she points to a black man bagging his own groceries that has just paid with food stamps.  "That's true," I say, "but my 20 year old son has brain cancer!  Could you please pray for him?"  She looks shocked at me and slightly nods her head.  At that exact moment a young girl in the next lane says - "Are you from Marshall?  I think I went to school with some of your girls.  Did you say that your son has brain cancer?  Can I pray for you right here and now?"   I was shocked and nodded my head in astonishment by it all.  She bowed her head, and said a simple short prayer asking for John to be healed and protected as well as his family.  I looked up to see the checkout lady and the man bagging his groceries also bowing their heads in prayer - united in prayer!  That changed me!  I might have lost a bit of my fire since.  But for a long time after this happened I would pray in the street, on the phone, in an email  - I would no longer say that I was going to pray for someone - I would do it right then and there!  I call this the Grocery Store girl, and she started me into a virtual prayer warrior!  I was reminded of this the other night - John and I were talking on the phone, and we were talking about my working the overnight shift at the nursing home that night.  This is a hard task for me, and John knows it.  He said that he would pray for me, and immediatly launched into a wonderful sweet prayer asking Jesus to go with me and to use me!  I thought of my grocery store girl, and smiled all the way to work and many times during the night remember the blessings that we have received.  Just yesterday I called a special friend/daughter that is struggling with her faith, and we prayed on the phone!  Such a powerful connection!  Prayer is something REAL and powerful!!!  We certainly have discovered that on this journey!"
 Love these sun filled running with glee pictures! 
 Some great ones of the kids lined up to Go!  Grandma would say 1-2-3-Go, and the adorable faces filled with happy anticipation were the best for grandma's ever ready camera!
 Fun and no one got hurt or knocked over too hard... right Dominic.  He kept on smiling and moving!

 Berna was moving, but another great one! 
Caught them once again! 
 Making sugar cookies for Christmas Camp this weekend... a special gift to have 1 1/2 year old Dominic play in the flour with cars just like my son John would! 

Jesus, thank you for showing me to stop and relax and enjoy!  It was also a gift to pray with John right then, and turn to you with all that we have in our lives.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 Had to get that flour on the nose...   I find a lot of joy in my pictures, and I know that mom and dad like to see them, too!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke


Our Lady was the yes to the supreme Plan for the world of sin and darkness!

How we need our Mother!
Small things with great LOVE is the way... Danielle Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment