Mary's card included "a party at our house with 8 little sisters!" Each with their rosaries and smiles and hands folded in their blue habits. Love this!
She also had to tell fellow cow lover, Auntie Hallel, about her pet cow going to market since she didn't get pregnant this year. A sad note that we face on the farm regular with life and death matters happening around us. Mary is imagining Snowball on the big wonderful pasture in the sky.
We literally stepped into heaven last night attending mass in Ghent. The church was glorious aglow with wonderful candlelight throughout. Two priests and a deacon with 3 altar boys... Sisters singing like angels and Fr Craig preaching so powerfully! We were drawn there by a Catholic singer, Danielle Rose, who we heard at NCYC singing this song to all those from Minnesota dioceses...
I was so moved when Fr Craig mentioned in his homily one of Danielle Rose's songs which has such special meaning to me! It was like crazy amazing because this is something I have shared often when I have given talks over the years... I was invited by Susan, who was living in the discernment house at St Thomas. There was a gathering happening called Cora Jesu - heart of Jesus. It began with Susan giving a short sharing of her love for Jesus, and then Fr Craig bringing forth Jesus in a monstrance and placing him on the altar and putting an scarf around the bottom of the monstrance - those present in the packed beautiful dark church were invited to come forward and hold the hem of his garment and pray. There were numerous priests spread throughout the church hearing confession and praise and worship music was sung by young people in the front. Often I have shared this when giving talks along with the song Fr mentioned - If I touch him. The story of the woman with the hemorrhage for 12 years, who comes up behind him and touches his garment and the healing goes out of him.
The side altar aglow with many candles - The Blessed Mother and St Therese together - reminds me of the special mass we had here while Susan/Hallel had her home visit 2 1/2 years ago!
Most cherished memory of Hallel with the then 9 nieces and nephews - we now have 12 with another on the way! There was so much I wanted to share with Danielle about how her music has filled our lives with so much! I did get a chance to speak with her and tell her how Give and Take made me a forever fan! I wanted to tell her that Hallel had listened to True Love over and over in her car before she boarded the plane to France on Sept 11, 2008 leaving her entire possessions, car, and Danielle's CD in the player of her car. Each time I would drive it, after she left, I would weep so hard as it played that I shouldn't have been driving! Why? This song is about how the Cross= LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT!
Simon, David and Mary came along with their mom to listen to Danielle in concert after mass. Every word she spoke to us and every song she sang were gold! I watched the grandkids listening to her amazing witness of how we need to give Jesus our all, and he deserves all the praise. Also that we need not listen to the lies of the world but see that we are each made by Jesus and loved by him.
We were able to tell her that we used Small things with great love for a song at a TEC retreat.
Father Craig's homily also spoke about how we are to be ready because Christ is coming! Get rid of those sins that separate us from Jesus by laying them at the feet of Jesus in the confessional... From the Gospel today - Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths, Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low. The winding roads shall be made straight, and the rough ways made smooth, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God. The preaching of John the Baptist - Luke 3:1-6 These words make prefect sense when you think about a mountain of sin, or a veering off the path with sin, or a valley of darkness - all transformed when we are healed and forgiven by the touch and words of our Lord through the priest in the confessional!
An amazing evening with the powerful example of two young people aflame for Jesus and His Bride, The Church! I was so happy to have my sweet 3 grandchildren see this so close and personal!

This great... but I felt I learned so much from aflame young people last night!

So powerful - Danielle writes her music in front of Jesus at Adoration. Each song is scriptural and sharing Jesus!
Father Craig telling Danielle that we see Jesus in her songs as she has heard him and shares His Truth with us through her amazing music! So true!
Her guitar, Mary, laying on the floor at her feet!
I am deeply touched and moved by this time, and to share it all with my husband, who also was with me when we heard Danielle for the first time 12 years ago as we were chaperoning Susan/Hallel at the National Catholic Youth Conference! Together we love her music and for us to share any interest is huge, and for it to be our Faith - that is the cement that holds us together! We left there saying that this was a most beautiful and amazing Catholic evening, and we are so filled with wonder and awe at our amazing Church and those that share our love for it!
Two young women sharing deeply - both have discerned religious life and continue to love and serve Him!
David proud of the two hitch pins he bid on in the silent auction and won! Only in a small farming community church gathering!
Danielle surrounded by sisters from the order living in the convent by the church in St Eloi's in Ghent... Sisters of Mary the Morning star. They too sang like angels at mass.
Jesus, I am so filled with JOY this second Sunday of Advent! I was given the gift of spending an evening at mass and a concert of great music sharing with many that feel as I do - that we LOVE, love, love The Catholic Church with no reservations! So often I feel very alone in my journey, but to listen to this beautiful music each note of which was pure gold as well as the spoken words she shared with all of us! I am so grateful that my 3 grandkids could witness this precious moment. This all happened so that Father could take a group to Rome in a few weeks! They will be visiting Hallel there and will give her a hug from us. I am very excited to know that these 11 young people will be able to see Susan/Hallel and know that this, too, is a young person who said "yes" to a call to give her all for Jesus! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
If only she knew how much she has been with me on my journey... getting a hug and sharing some of our story was great! Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment