Wednesday, December 9, 2015

"Come to me..." Jesus today in the Gospel

Our beautiful blanket of 8 inches of white is gone with the warm temps.  I was out last evening on the 4wheeler putting away the fall décor including my corn stalk TP and pumpkins and gourdes.  No need for winter clothes but boots due to the mud.  Pat went from prayers thanking God for the warm weather and melting snow... now they have become prayers for a freeze to stiffen up the slop and mud.  Those farmers are always in touch with God in the weather department and always want to tweek it here and there.  Rarely is it perfect!

Most days before I start to blog I check out the sharing overnight on Facebook.  I love to see what Scott Hahn shares - I am his friend and I love that!  He is a nationally known personality, who searching for The Truth could not explain away The Church Fathers and The Word of God - leading him into the Catholic Church and after him many! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8RMvmrheE0  Here is his conversion story as he told it on Journey Home

Scott shared this today on the Feast of St Juan Diego!  How I marvel that this man, who hated The Catholic Church is now totally and without reservation in love with The Church!  He and I against the world! 

The Gospel today is so important to us on this difficult journey.... Also on FB today a young mother shared how she has lost herself in expecting now her second child and working outside the home and all the stresses that come with those years.  I so wanted to share with her that we are called to die to self and being open to life and raising lights is how that works for us mothers and wives.  As I was allowed to be at home with my growing family and be of some help to my farmer husband... I felt that my nest years were so special and it breaks my heart to hear my young friend suffering!

 Jesus tells us today to "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."  Matthew 11:28-30

Our Lady is always close to me - she shows me all that is required of me as a wife/mother - give my all and say "Yes!"

Now I must go and get busy with all that asks me for my "Yes" today.  Jesus, help me to die to self so that I may embrace my yoke for truly it is easy and take upon my shoulders of drag my burden and find that it is truly light!  Through the Cross in our lives we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Now David needs to mud bog with his dump truck.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html  All that I want to say but don't have the time today. 
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me

A picture from Maria's blog of a quiet moment taken by dad with the camera... LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment