Saturday, September 23, 2023

Father God Day #3 - Patrick and Community of the Lamb/St Pio - "who dwells in unapproachable light..."/Please Lord - give us rain! - +JMJ+

Maria 9 years ago holding her precious 8 day old son, Romeo, along with her 2 older sons, Patrick and David.  Such a loving and adoring look at his wonderful mother, Maria Theresa!  Romeo has added 3 more siblings since - a total of 7 children born to Major Joseph and Maria.  

On this #3 Father Day for God my Father of heaven and earth - I am sorry there is just so much to be thankful for and to celebrate in my 72 years!  Considering that each day I am grateful for - most especially each day since my earthly father, Deacon Robert Cross, brought our entire family of 13 into The Catholic Church 52 years ago!  Each day is a pearl of great price! 

Patrick in NICU in Providence Hospital in down town El Paso, TX.  

I really need to share the miracle of Patrick's birth soon to be 11 years ago on October 9,2012.  It so happened that Major Joseph was deployed to Afghanistan when Patrick was due, so I traveled to El Paso shortly before her due date to be with her.  

We waited till a couple weeks past his due date, and the decision was made to induce.  In the process Maria ruptured - I thought I had just watched my grandson die and possibly my daughter!  Patrick was resuscitated and I and he went in an ambulance to NICU in Providence from the Military hospital.  Maria had made it through and was left there with a CCW lady to sit with her.

On the way I got a call from hubby that I should baptize Patrick.  In the middle of NICU - grandma Barb baptized Patrick Joseph!  "I baptize you in the Name of The Father, and of The Son, and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen" with a small bottle of sterile water they handed me.  From that point on - "the sickest baby in here" got better!  Father God, we thank you for healing our Patrick and blessing him as coming into your Church just moments after he came into this world!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The story of little Lamb - grandson Patrick  For the whole story here is the blog post I wrote. 

Patrick a month ago with the 2 cousins he has grown up with - Rose was 11 on May 1st, Patrick on October 9th and Bernadette on November 13!  They are best cousin buddies!  Patrick is the picture of health - he even walked early! 

St Padre Pio today!  LOVE!  

6 year old Evangeline Mary wore her habit made by mom for older sister.  "I want to be a Little Sister."

From Kansas City today on the 15th Anniversary celebration of The Community of the Lamb coming for their first foundation in America - Kansas City, Kansas!  How I wanted to be there, but due to farming we were unable to make it.  Fake plans to go when Pat can get away, and Hallel is back from France.
Right there with the Little Sisters.  On this 3rd Father God Day - I am filled with so much to thank God for when it comes to our daughter's amazing Community of the Lamb.  Susan now Hallel met them while she was studying for the year in Rome through Catholic Studies from St Thomas.  They come from Dominican roots and their foundress, Little Sister Marie, is still living.  When Vatican 2 asked orders to go back to their roots - Marie felt the Lord telling her to beg for their food, as St Dominic did, but to beg for their food from the poor!  

The tents came from the military, and it did rain, but later was beautiful day.  The Lord and Lady shined on them!  Of course, Father God,  who dwells in unapproachable light...  From the first reading today - I Tim 6

Beloved:
I charge you before God, who gives life to all things,
and before Christ Jesus...that the blessed and only ruler
will make manifest at the proper time,
the King of kings and Lord of lords,
who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light,
and whom no human being has seen or can see.
To him be honor and eternal power. Amen.  I Tim 6
#3 daughter, Maria, Little Sister Stephanie, and Little tiny sister Evangeline Mary.

Little Sister Marie asked the Lord to show her how this could be - She was led to I Kings 17:8-16 - Elijah and the widow!  The widow was asked to make some bread for Elijah when she only had enough for her and her son before they would starve to death.  "Make some for me and you will never run out." So she did, and her oil, flour and water never ran out!  

The stories they share when they go on mission begging in the poor parts of town are amazing.  How they are welcomed, and they share with them in meals, also they share the Gospel and take their prayer needs with them to their contemplative day of prayer, mass and Adoration of Jesus!  

They love Jesus as The Word.  Each night they mendicate/chew the Gospel for the next day - repeating each line numerous times to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to them.  I have begun to read the Gospel for the next day the night before with great JOY and excitement.  I wonder what it is!  
Too precious - watching a slide show of their history in Kansas City - the first foundation in America!  Susan went to France to join The Community shortly after they came here.  They came to visit us on the farm 15 years ago during harvest - they rode in the trucks and in the combine!  They wanted to meet the family of the first postulant from America!  Now many more have joined her!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Susan Angela Agnes/Little Sister Hallel - the story of a Call . 
Archbishop Joseph Naumann - the reason The Little Sisters and Lumen Christi Monastery/Light of Christ Monastery is here in the first place.  He invited them to come 15 years ago!  

Maria said that Evie came out of their van and the Sisters asked Archbishop to give her a blessing.  "He mentioned a couple times to the crowd that he sure liked the newest Little Sister.  Evie just beamed!"  reported Maria.
15 year old Therese - Major Joseph and Maria's oldest making special bouquets for the tables -  So beautiful inside and out!  
Outside after the rain watching the play that they put on...
The blind Little Brother, David, was the farmer that planted the 2 seeds - as The Gospel today is the sower and the seeds!  
The 2 seeds - Little Sister Marie Jean and LS Dorota - they are the 2 monasteries - Lumen Christi/Light of Christ where the Little Sisters are on the top of the hill, and The light of Mary the Mother of God Monastery at the bottom of the hill where the Little Brothers dwell.  
Little Brother David - the farmer that planted the seeds!  How we love to have the Community in the heart of our country!  
So grateful that Maria and family were there and shared this glorious day with me!  I am so thrilled that our military family can share in the LIFE of the Community for this year - only a half hour apart as they are living in Fort Leavenworth, KS for the year.  How I long to go there and spend time with both very soon!  

Wonderful God the Father, such a great blessing you have given us with our contemplative Community of the Lamb in the heart of our country!  Allowing us to share in their life devoted to you!  I am so spoiled to be able to share in the life of being a nun, which I considered myself.  Such a gift and blessing to our family, and for my grandchildren to see this beautiful example of being called to be your spouse!  The Best!  

The Grotto devoted to Mary where we gather for prayer - just behind the Little Brothers Monastery at the bottom of the hill.
A card with the prayer to be prayed at the Grotto  of miracles.


Family job of covering the pile of bales last night ahead of the rain.  Sadly the rain in not happening today, but we continue to pray!  
Simon was 19 a few days ago and came home to help on the farm for the weekend... 6 year old Joy helps out.  
Joy and the bale pyramid.
Paul and his crew of kids 
David on top managing things - grandpa helping too.
Tom playing in the sand while the rest are covering the bales.
A load of gravel 

A team on both sides hanging tires to hold down the tarp.
Chickens outside on my railings...
Eggs on the inside 
Rose and grandma first time at the Farmer's Market - sold 2 dozen.  
A lot of work.

Well, I am sure that there will be other ways that I want to thank my God.  Faith/Family/Farm pretty much sums up my life and each day is filled with more than I can take in!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus many Little Sisters and Little Brothers

Great words from St Pio today!  

So glorious and powerful from Pope Benedict today on the Sacrament of Matrimony!  Left for me by my mother, who read this for 10 years each day!

Now dad's man, Brother Victor, about the bell that is rung at the consecration - "He is here!  Get ready for him."  Dad sharing with me, too!!!  
 
"Prayer is the oxygen of the soul."
 St Padre Pio
 
 
"Kneel down and render the tribute
of your presence and devotion to Jesus
in the Blessed Sacrament.
Confide all your needs to Him,
along with those of others.
Speak to Him with filial abandonment,
give free rein to your heart,
and give Him complete freedom
to work in you as He thinks best."
 
St Padre Pio of Pietrelcino
Priest, Stigmatist, Mystic
Italy ~ 1887-1968
Patron of Eucharistic Adorers
Feast Day - Sept 23
 
 
"When I am close to Jesus
in the Blessed Sacrament,
I feel as if my heart is bursting
out of my chest." - St Padre Pio













Danielle Rose 
Will Morrison

Salve Regina - Hail Holy Queen as sung by Hallel at night prayer each night before they go to their cells for bed.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment