Friday, October 13, 2023

3 years ago with my dad 10 days passing from earth to heaven/7 Sisters - Praying for Fr Denny before mass/"gather with me..." - +JMJ+

 Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Listen to my "cry"/"Uniting my blood with that of the infinite saving blood of the Lamb" dad/Isaiah 55:1/our 6th anniversary on the farm!

This morning I found this powerful sharing in my memories!  Now with the ability to know how this worked out... my dad died on October 23rd peacefully here in my home.  I see that he was truly on his last 10 days of life, and all these indications were showing me that he was close to the end.  Please bear with me as I share it once again now.  I was wiping tears as I read about our deep prayer shared, and Fr Denny coming the day before this to administer the Sacraments to my dad - Anointing which includes Reconciliation, and Eucharist - Father broke the host in half so that dad and I could share Jesus!  

This is very powerful as this morning I went to pray at 6a while Pat was at This Man is You.  While I was praying for Fr Denny with 7 Sisters - he came and prepared for mass and then celebrated mass for us! A wonderful friend priest, Fr Denny has been very important to Pat and I!  Pat was just saying this morning that TEC has made a huge impact on our marriage journey improving and being more prayer and Christ centered!  

Such a powerful symbol of my father's failing health and strength that he had the hospice aide comb his full head of hair after his shower this morning!  He has a ritual of carefully combing his hair before he puts his cochlear implant on his head.  Very weak this morning he sat on his walker and had the aide help him.  

His first day using oxygen was very striking for me to see this other sign that we are approaching the end!  He persevered in saying the rosary with me at 3p but his shortness of breath and "fuzzy" thinking due to loss of blood was quite evident to me.  

Mary, Joseph and Jesus watching over him is so powerful!  These statues were gifted to him as he left his deaconate work in Manistique, MI - St Francis de Sales Catholic Church-  due to health reasons and moved to be closer to family in St Croix Falls, WI.  How I loved my time with both my parents there - just 4 hours away not 11!

Deep in prayer of the rosary and the chaplet - we do our work of prayer every day, and it is our JOY!

Today marks dad's 6 month anniversary of living here with me on the farm! We are unsure but it looks like we could be getting to the finish line sooner than we thought.

Dad and I praying after breakfast this morning.  Mom's prayer book and the Magnificat are important to us as we share the morning and evening prayer of The Church as well as the readings from mass each day together!  Dad has allowed me to join him in religious life as a permanent deacon for 44 years.  A sister in-law calls our time here together a peaceful prayerful farm monastery.

John joining us for morning prayer on Sunday and mom is always there looking on and with us in Spirit!  We ask her to help dad, whichever way that may be... getting better or coming to join her.


As we prayed the office this morning we arrived at the Reading for today - Isaiah 55:1!  The verse dad read while on an Ignation retreat where the Holy Spirit led him to come into The Catholic Church with his entire family... all 13 of us!!!

I was a puddle of tears and dad had to read it aloud as we prayed together!  How I wept, and when he finished reading it he said;  "Thank you, Lord for your Church and the Sacraments that are so beautiful and glorious and we love!"  
So powerful and REAL as just yesterday Fr Denny came to our home and heard dad's confession and gave him the anointing of the sick!  

Reading the Word to us from St Matthew - dad said "Amen."   As he read the scripture verse from our conversion story - the tears flowed with gratitude and love and so much appreciation with each day of the 49 years since we came into The Church... the next words from the Responsory was "Listen to my cry..."  How meaningful was that under the circumstances that we both had to chuckle as I wept/cry.  
Anointing with the blessed oil of healing.  At 95 1/2 that means many things, if the end is near it will be welcome!

Adding to the power and emotion of this morning prayer together was my dad uniting his bleeding, which is what we are dealing with to that of our Lord on the Cross!   "Uniting my blood with that of the infinite saving blood of the Lamb."   How I wept more at this sweet prayer to Jesus on the Cross!  

I just called the Little Sisters and Brothers of the Lamb to be praying for my father at this time.  They will call Hallel in France, and let her know that her grandfather needs her prayers.  How we depend on those of our nun as she spends 2 hours a day adoring Jesus in Adoration and also receives Him in his Body and Blood and Word of God!  So powerful and so comforting to have her aware and praying!
Anointing the palm of each hand...
Father broke the host in half so that dad and I could each receive Jesus.  
Food for the journey!  As dad prayed this morning in gratitude for the amazing help we are given as we stagger down the narrow path carrying/dragging our most Cherished Cross!
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/255651/photos-eucharistic-procession-led-by-father-mike-schmitz-through-the-heart-of-new-york-city?fbclid=IwAR3Zlo4AVuOQirJoiAPRfte3Md73m6r94hO3dgiwyPM_yTmnrsfRvjd5Yys

Fr Mike with The Blood of Christ in New York City!  
Through the streets of New York City - thousands adore Him!  How our world needs Jesus with the horror going on in Israel!  
The prayers going up like incense!  
We have the best ever Spiritual Mother - No mother, no son!  
LOVE praying with my blessed St Therese Rosary after praying close to the relics of St Therese and her parents at Basilica of St Mary!  
Praying for Fr Denny with 7 Sisters before mass today.  Part of my hour is sharing the rosary with all those present to celebrate mass. Pat and I also came to pray the rosary with about 50 people for the healing of Fr Tony from cancer last night, and the prayers were so powerful with this newly blessed gift.

Fr Denny preparing for mass this morning - to pray for him there in front of me is very special and real!  
Holding up the Body and Blood of Jesus - "Through Him, with Him and in Him..."  
Jesus! In the Gospel today Jesus asks us to "gather with me."  Whoever is not with me is against me,
and whoever does not gather with me scatters.  Luke 11

Lord, how I want to die to self so that I can be all the way with you!  May I gather with you all those in our domestic Church/family.  United in our Faith/family/Farm!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus many Little Brothers and Little Sisters.  We might see some of them this weekend as it looks like we are making a trip to see our military family and Community of the Lamb with some of the farm kids to visit their cousins and Aunts and Uncle.  
Wow!  Rain has finally fallen on our day land!  
Thank you, Lord!  Now we are able to visit our family in Kansas too!  

Yes!
















Danielle Rose 



No comments:

Post a Comment