Sunday, October 8, 2023

"How did you get your kids to have many children?"/72nd birthday like no others - Time praying with St Therese, photo shoots galore - +JMJ+

I have been waiting and hoping for some pictures with the cows now on stalks on the field all around the farm... and today after mass and our brunch on the farm it happened!  Tom out the playhouse window with Joy still in her Sunday dress and little adorable kittens outside with the cows in the sunny field!  
Tom was so happy that grandma came to take him out of the house for a Sunday photo shoot.  He loves to be outside and it is such a beautiful day today!  
I noticed that the Quad track with the ripper was sitting in the yard, so we started there.  Grandma realizes that climbing up there to open the door is more than I want to do anymore.  
Rays of sunlight 
If you give Tom one of the kittens he holds it for a few seconds and then drops it, so not a good idea while they were so far off the ground.
Down on the ground makes me more relaxed.
I have them trained.  I realize that with all my adventures over the last few days - that I have many pictures from trying to capture from one thing to the next.  Sigh!  I am a basket case indeed.
One of the kittens fell asleep while Joy was holding them for crazy grandma's pictures!  
A cow getting a drink in the field behind the house.  Tom blew it a kiss when we left and he did plenty of mooing too!  
Tom with Spring Kitten - Dickens, and some of the fall kittens following him too!  
Watching a fall kitten in the silver maple tree by the garden.  Ruth's wonderful playhouse there in the shade of the tree.  
Combining the corn across the road and putting the corn in the bins at our farm.  They went out to try to bale round bales, but it was too muddy after our inch of rain.
Can't get enough of his cuteness!  As Joy reminds me - "you think that everything and everyone is cute, grandma.  You even think that grandpa is cute in his farm clothes.  That must be because you love him right, Grandma?"  "Yes, that is definitely true!"

10 years ago - Nancy riding in the truck with her two littles.  She now has 6 children!

I had an interesting conversation over the weekend with a woman a bit younger than I.  She was sharing that she has 2 children - both married and her son is the oldest and has a 3 year old boy, her only grandson.  "He told us that they don't think they will have any more children."  Her daughter has been married for 3 years and no children yet.  When I shared with her our 23 grandchildren and went down the number each one has...  "How did you get your kids to have so many children?" 

Looking at her I shared how Pat and I both wanted to have a large family after growing up that way - I the oldest of 11 and Pat the middle of 10. It didn't really work out that we had the 12 we wanted here, instead we have 5 children here with us and 7 in heaven.  I also shared with her that we don't use artificial birth control, so when God is included in our openness to family, our family grows and each new life is a gift of LOVE.  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"

Rose 6 years ago in the bale shed with a special spot to read and draw and hang out with snuggly kittens!  Farm life is so great!  

I have a lingering sadness at how often these days we see the couples these days that limit their family size to one or two children.  There is so much they are missing as siblings are so much more important and give you a lifetime of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT to share - how can things do that for you?  

Father Denny spoke today about the secular society that turns us away from our Lord and Lady and their wonderful Church.  The parable from the Gospel is the tenants that kill the son of the Landowner... 

How do we turn from the secular world and take to heart our Faith - Philippians 4 today - Finally, brothers and sisters,
whatever is true, whatever is honorable,
whatever is just, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious,
if there is any excellence
and if there is anything worthy of praise,
think about these things.
Keep on doing what you have learned and received
and heard and seen in me.
Then the God of peace will be with you.  Phil 4 

Nancy and John with cousin, Ida, at her brother's wedding on Friday!  It was super fun to have a beautiful party on my 72nd birthday!  Thanks, Sam!  

Silk leaves seemed appropriate!

I had fun with them!  You can go a bit crazy when it is your birthday.  Well, 72 is pretty old, but I can be young at heart! 
Hubby stayed behind as they are combining corn, but I had his blessing to have a fun time on my birthday!  
We had a light rain that morning, so he was able to get me some beautiful roses! Thank you, honey!  

A beautiful venue in St Paul!  
So beautiful!  
John and Bobbi shared the occasion with me and so did Nancy!  

With some of Pat's 9 siblings.  
My turn to join the happy group! 

The 8 foot fence around Nancy's new in groud pool!  
If you want to visit look for the watertower!  
Photo shoot with 20  month old Regina Maria!  So much fun with St Therese!  
Nothing more sweet and prefect.  She was such a good girl for her grandma while everyone else was at a fundraiser for their Catholic School - St Max!  
Talk about super cute!  A new outfit from her other grandma in Pennsylvania. 
Oh, so sweet!  
Yes, so many, but too cute!  

On our way to visit the relics of St Therese and her parents.  
Basilica of St Mary in Minneapolis - my home parish when I converted to The Catholic Church 52 years ago and where Pat and I were married 45 years ago!  So much beauty, and so many wonderful memories as each day has been a pearl of great price!  Daily mass was in the sacristy!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!  

St Zelie and Louis Martin relics.  They had 5 daughters, who all were religious sisters and married to Christ Jesus!  
St Therese relics - I was able to pray my rosary very close to her.  A young woman close by was weeping.  Very powerful to be there with them.  
Golden roses all around - as she sends roses from heaven and does great work from heaven!  
Zelie and Louis Martin.
A special encounter with Saints in The Church!  
A special rosary gift  from a very special friend - now blessed by St Therese!  
A special blessing!   Praying with this rosary will be very special now!  
Precious little girl with her mother - placing St Therese medals close to her.  Grandson 
Where I fell in love with The Church 52 years ago!  
Downtown Minneapolis has changed so much since I was an RN working at HCMC and taking the bus down Hennepin Ave to go to work and home again in Kenwood.  On our way to the Guthrie.
4th floor of the Guthrie where Bll asked Nancy to marry him 14 years ago - now married 13 years with 6 kids here and 3 in heaven.

9th Floor view amazes!  I must end this for today after 2 hours - so much in my heart, mind and soul.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb and all!  














Danielle Rose amazes me!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment