Rose decked out with green makeup for her performance of Princess and the Pea - she is the Pea and does such a great job!
Getting into the winter mode - although today we had the big job of preg checking the cows - the ones that are open with no calf are put in the feedlot to fatten. It is always a day of some disappointments when some of the favorites are open.
Home for supper together is a big change after his coming home late at night. "We try to get chores done around 5p so we can be home for supper with the family. Last night we attended the play at the school with 3 of our grandkids in it, and then ate in town.
This is from St Mother Teresa yesterday and reminded me of the editorial that Therese wrote in her first Newsletter...https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oKP74rulmKYAj_G4wyfmXIhv-TE6jOTe/edit?pli=1&fbclid=IwAR3Mc4Aj7BWARlOptdy1uR6lXhpmdGPBsVs1wGLhaHNa1A62ucYYK75Ooko
Letter from the Editor
Dear Reader,
What moment are you living in?
I was inspired to write on this topic because it has come up a lot in my life recently. First I
was reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and came upon a striking image. In the
book, Screwtape (a senior demon) advises his nephew demon on the best ways for devils to
undermine God and humanity. One way is to cause humans to get caught up in worrying
about the past or the future - anything except the present. In doing so, a person loses track of
eternity. “For the Present is the point at which time touches eternity...in it alone freedom
and actuality are offered.” So, the present is the only time in which God offers us the ability
to act upon our free will and the time in which we are the closest to Heaven.
While reading this, I was also listening to a podcast that mentioned St. John Paul II. It
was said that he spoke to individuals with such love that they would feel as if they were the
only person in the whole world he was speaking to.
It was clear that the Holy Spirit was trying to bring this idea of “being present” to my
attention. I began to think about how this could lead us to just focus on the present moment,
not on that exam tomorrow, that appointment, that interview, or that anticipated moment
years from now (marriage, college). I had never really stopped and thought about the great
value of now. As I ponder it, I realize that some of the best and most meaningful moments of
my life were when I just stopped everything and saw how blessed I am. I am blessed to have
brothers who drive me crazy, but who are also always there to expel my boredom with their
yells and foam swords. My day is more joyful when I stop and notice how truly spectacular
the sunset and sunrise are. Something so beautiful could not come about of its own accord.
By being present, I appreciate the gifts of God on a whole new level. In the same way, the
best conversations I have had were the ones when the person talking to me acted as if I was
the only person they wanted to talk to and love at that moment.
So, what is a practical way in which we can do this? If you are like me, you are worried
about many things. I challenge you to try every day to spend just five minutes putting your
worries aside, and in the present moment, either in a conversation or just in life, paying
attention with your whole self.
Christus regnat,
Thérèse Librande
Pope Benedict XVI yesterday was good about sharing the Good News!So good from Brother Victor!
Such a powerful image of our Lady and Lord in the midst of the battles!
Yes!!!
LOVE this! Prolife breakfast tomorrow at Holy Redeemer in Marshall!
The first reading today from Ephesians speaks of how each one of us is a "temple sacred to the Lord." I pray that lives in danger of abortion may be saved and protected!
Reading 1 Eph 2:19-22
You are no longer strangers and sojourners,
but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones
and members of the household of God,
built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets,
with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone.
Through him the whole structure is held together
and grows into a temple sacred in the Lord;
in him you also are being built together
into a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
I have noticed that when we work at the prolife booth at the fair that the models attract the kids and they bring their parents over to see them.
My friend; "We don't know how these might come to their mind when they are older and making decisions about LIFE in the womb." Yes!!! Hear our prayer, O Lord and Lady!
So real and powerful to know that prayer is the Battle!
11 years ago - I returned home after a month on base in El Paso with the traumatic birth of Patrick. He is now the picture of health!
Dad today underlined this for me to know that he is fighting the battle with evil through prayer in heaven! I have no doubt that dad is in constant prayer for his family of 143 and the Great-grands now numbering 68! We depend on your prayers dad and mom! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus many Little Sisters and Little Brothers.


Danielle Rose
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment