Tuesday, November 19, 2024

Thomas Robert is 3/ photo shoot around the farm with grandchild #21/“‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock... - +JMJ+

Thomas Robert is 3 today!  It also so happens to be the day that I have him so that mommy can sleep after working overnight.  So I got to be the first one to spoil him on his birthday!  
Tom with his beloved Mater.  He has already run around the circle chasing our cat numerous times with Mater.  
Grandma did an old fashioned photo shoot around the farm and then here at my home.  I have done this over the years especially with my farm kids going from one familiar place to another.  We had to go and visit Mary, whom he calls "Mom"
Psalm 3 is where I look for his card.  I learned it years ago from our nun, little sister Hallel.  She used Psalm 65 on my 65th birthday and I have adopted this practice...

Praying for Tom this morning at mass - the first reading from Revelations was special - “‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
then I will enter his house and dine with him,
and he with me.
I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne,
as I myself first won the victory
and sit with my Father on his throne.  Revelations 3 
He calls Our Lady - Mommy and he loves his mom too!  Two great wonderful women and mothers that said "Yes" to LIFE!  
11 years ago - the Baptism of Luke Paul at 2 weeks.  They have added Joy and Tom since.  Today we celebrate Tom, who is a wonderful blessing to us on the farm and in our domestic Church/family!  Such a blessing of New LIFE!  

The first thing he did when he walked in the door today, even before he took off his coat and shoes was to run around with Mater chasing our cat Neumann.  
Mater had his eyes ripped off and Tom and I had to make him new eyes and glue them on!
Going after the cat!  
A lot of work pushing him through the leaves...
He found the keys in the toy box and they keep him running.
LOVE his Mater!!!  
Rubber boots are a must on the farm.  Classic rubber boot mud puddle picture.  He did have a hole in one and got a wet sock... that is classic too!  
Up in the silver maple tree by Ruth's garden and the beautiful play house she built for her kids years ago.  
The playhouse porch...
A little nervous to be up in a tree.  This is a special tree where we used to have the Crucifix to begin the Stations of the Cross that Maria made for our grove when she discerned out of the Poor Clare Nuns.   A powerful time in our families' life.

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Now the stories of John's 4 sisters...Ruth, Nancy, Maria, and Susan/Little Sister Hallel!  

A miracle picture - caught all 3 looking at me!  Have to have some pictures with the new fall kittens. 
By the big picture window where I have taken so many pictures of the grands over the years.  

I gave him the big pitch fork for some pictures and he had to pick up some hay like he watches grandpa working hard.  
He loves to be with grandpa while he works around the farm... in the pay loader.
Farm boy through and through.
We had to go around the yard and get in each of the tractors around the yard.  This one had the grapple fork and he had watched grandpa pick up some bales with it.
Shut the door grandpa... I am busy!
A pitchfork as big as him, but he wanted to pick up some hay.
Sitting in a tractor tire with my sweet best buddy - Tom!  I am truly blessed by how much he loves me!  After a year of his parents working on the Apartments - he knows grandma really well when we spent time together most every day.  I am so humbled by his love for me and my home.
Always have to have some pictures by the grain bins!  
There was some corn on the ground so we used it as a backdrop...
He also fed some to his dog, Teddy.
In the feed bunk out by the calves.  He was really not scared of them.
Hi new friend!
Tom made a new friend.  
We brought out some hay to feed the calves and they liked it a lot! 
I fed the calves hay!  
He thinks that every 3 year old boy has "my cows!"  
Here you go!  
This is good!  Thanks, Tommy!  
Out by the new hydralic shoot!  
Grandma can't get enough of my little farm buddy!  
Always need more than one!  
It is a dark windy day, but we have a sweet light here with us - Tommy!  
Climbing on the grain agar, that is put away for another year of harvest.
Watching grandpa Pat grinding hay and corn stalk bales.
Grandpa, dad, mom and siblings show Tom how to work hard to feed the world!  
He loves to chase the chickens in the calving barn.
Yahhhh!!!  
Trying to feed some calves that are more cautious.  
Shadows on a sunny day on the bales all around the yard... hundreds maybe over thousand!  
Tom and kittens started our photo shoot around the yard - 200 pictures in a hour and a half... 
Happy Birthday sweet Tom!  grandpa and grandma had to light the candles many times for him, so grandma added to her pictures by 20 or more!  


One more time!  Jesus, we are so grateful for our wonderful grandchildren!  We pray that each one will answer the door as you knock on their hearts.  May they love you, Mary, the Saints and your Church with their all!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus the 13 in heaven - children and grandchildren that are praying for their family here as we stagger down the narrow path dragging our Most Cherished Cross with heaven forever as our goal.  I know that my dad is remembering Thomas Robert, his namesake today on his birthday.  Deacon Robert is praying for you sweet Tom!  
"...and lo, I am with you always,
to the close of the age."  Matt 28:20b
 
 
"We are not alone in our faith.  We are members of the
Churchthe Mystical Body, the kingdom of God here on earth.
We are members of the Church through baptism - the
sacrament of the life of faith - and it is in and through the Church
that Christ has given us the means to strengthen our
faith:  His sacraments.  They were the means established
by Christ precisely to strengthen the faith of His followers.
 
If we serious about preserving our faith, we must surely
make use of them - especially the sacrament of penance,
our means of peace and of reconciliation with God,
and the Mass and the sacrament of the Eucharist."
 
Servant of God Walter J Ciszek, SJ (+1984)
 

Jason Gray
Jason Gray - Sparrows  
Danielle Rose - Hail Holy Queen



No comments:

Post a Comment