Friday, January 18, 2013

LIFE and LOVE= LIGHT!

I came across this beautiful touching picture of 2 year old Maria meeting her new baby sister, Susan for the first time!  Nancy , 3 1/2, is also there to look upon the face of a younger sister that will be a part of her journey here on earth from then on.  Family is that way!  I have a younger sister, Mary, who died of lymphoma cancer when she was 28 - 26 years ago.  Yet, even though she has been gone from this world for 26 years, she continues to be with me on my journey.  Since she is on her way to heaven - I continually pray for her to arrive there, and since she is a God mother to two of my girls, I know that she is looking down upon them.  Susan here was her Goddaughter a few weeks later.  Although Mary had 4th stage cancer, I kind of thought that if we had her for a Godmother... that would give her the spiritual help to live and not die.  Both girls have asked me why they have Godparents that either are dead or not Catholic anymore and why?  "Maybe it is the Lord's way of telling you that you are called to pray for them.  That is a special calling for you, and a way of God telling you that you are gifted with the love of prayer - closer to Jesus and His Bride, the Church!"
Out running in rain puddles after a million dollar rain!  It had been dry for a dangerouly long time, and we then got a huge rain just barely in the nick of time for the crops!  Nothing better than warm mud squishing through your toes, and the water flying everywhere when you run through them with great JOY!  I am sure that all the nightgowns were totally wet and muddy by time they were finished, and they all went into the washing machine on the front porch of our little farmhouse filled with LOVE and LIFE!  In the warm months the girls spent a lot of time outside together enjoying each other.  Yes, we grew up with Semsame Street in our house, but TV was not on during the day and usually not until the kids were in bed. 

Washing dishes... but what's this?  Can it be a little girl's foot?  I guess that can be washed too, right?  The days of my little ones brings so many warm memories to me.  WE lived humbly in a small little house - the lowest one in the county.  Two times we had floods that came within a step from coming in the house and filled the basement.  The house was leveled this last fall, but that could not erase the memories of LOVE, and LIFE after LIFE that came to us, or was taken from us...  We had 4 girls and 3 losses while we lived in our little place!  There was an endless amount of happiness in my nest years, yet there were those times of loss which we shared!  I was told by some to not tell the kids or others when I was pregnant... until I knew that I was going to have the baby, but I just couldn't do that!  They knew as soon as I did!  What was the amazing results of being honest, and open, and sharing the pain as a family!  LOVE of LIFE, and appreciation of those that we have here with us on our journey called family/domestic Church!  Also looking to Heaven, and the meeting of our family, and knowing that they are at peace with Jesus, and praying for us here on earth!

My amazing champion for LIFE, Patrick Gerard Joseph Verly!  This picture shows him the way I see him when I look at him... I am totally enthralled by his appearance, and his listening to the Holy Spirit to give our family the ability to also listen to the wisdom of the Catholic Church - Be open to LIFE, and give your kids more siblings not more material things!  Yes, we have 5 here and 6 in heaven, but isn't that a beautiful family?  Pat not only answered my fears... that we were being selfish to be open to family... with the resounding answer - "The world needs lights!"  All my fears and doubts vanished into thin air!  WE lived in  our humble little house and didn't have much, but we sure had LOVE in that little house, with the new little ones, and sharing our Catholic FAITH!  Huge for our kids was the Saints and sharing their lives together.  It showed them that no matter what we can survive and grow in HIM!

Susan had this funny picture of the 5 outside helping their dad... I just got in from watching a gate myself.  I wonder what they are watching--- probably their dad chasing a cow that isn't cooperating with his brute strength! 
Jesus, how I love to look back at all the ways that you have touched me and my domestic Church/family!  The journey goes on and on with this TEC weekend I will be attending tonight and through the next 3 days.  I am filled to overflowing with Your LOVE and LIFE within me and all around me!  It has given me so much JOY to be able to share with some this week the story of YOUR touching me and calling me to come into Your Church, and finding my Most Cherished Cross - Patrick Verly - and joining with him in the Sacrament of Marriage, and then LIFE here and in heaven abounds!  Sharing the pain the Cross called the nest years - we now value LIFE so totally and completely!  We are yours and long to LOVE and SERVE YOU in one another.  Be with all those making this retreat this weekend so that they may come to know and LOVE you with every beat of their heart and every breath that they take.  "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus."  May we leave all those things/sins/selfishness that come between us and you at your feet in the Confessional.  Die to self so that your Spirit may live in us, and show us the narrow Path to follow after YOU!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Halleluia

Bless-bless, Barb
Today the Gospel from Mark 2 is the paralytic!!!  This is the powerful reality of Scripture coming to LIFE in the healing of John and Patrick! 
"Child, your sins are forgiven...  Rise, pick up your mat and go home."  He rose, picked up his mat at once, and went away in the sight of everyone.  They were all astounded and glorified God, saying, " We have never see anything like this." 
 Mark 2:1-12
My soul is soaring to the Highest Heavens today-  John is going to be sharing the weekend with me at TEC!  God, you spoil me!

Jesus is at our side as we walk into the sunset of our lives - Hospice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ype1xE0wzsg  Praise you in the Storm by Casting Crowns 



3 comments:

  1. Can I simply just say what a comfort to uncover someone that actually knows what they
    are discussing online. You actually realize how to bring a problem
    to light and make it important. More people should look
    at this and understand this side of your story. It's surprising you're not more
    popular since you surely possess the gift.
    my webpage: Odnohay.Ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had
    problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    Visit my site t100b.Ru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, yup this article is truly nice and I have learned lot of
    things from it about blogging. thanks.
    Feel free to surf my weblog - burgundy.cmmt.ubc.ca

    ReplyDelete