Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Praying with Jesus at noon rather than the Capital steps

Due to the weather and bedding the cows - we didn't get up to the Capital for the March for LIFE.  Rather Pat and I picked up his mother and spent time over noon with our Lord in the monstrance for Adoration!  It was so powerful for me with hands raised to HIM in praise and petition and tears rolling down my face time and time again.  I saw Pat wiping tears from his eyes as he read a booklet called Mother Teresa of Calcutta's rosary meditation.  He shared with me later that it had to do with the Blessed Mother and how she leads us to her beloved Son, Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world!  For me it was meditating on each mystery of the sorrowful mysteries for today and praying for each child as they came up.  With my 5 children - I have used the rosary to pray for each child daily!  So as I thought and prayed for each child with the perspective of how they make a difference in this world for LIFE.  Ruth with her work with Creighton Model to help women use a natural means to prevent if they need to or to work on infertility problems.  Nancy with her experience with Veronica - a young American Indian girl, who at 14 the year before had been pressured to have an abortion and then tried to commit suicide - the woman teacher that had been insturmental had lost her job and then Nancy was hired to take this same girl to the Pregnancy center where her sister, Maria, worked and then she had the baby boy this time around.  Two lives saved!!!
Shoulder to shoulder staying warm in the cold!
Maria's decade came along and the conversion story made me weep - the story that I have taped inside my Bible in the form of a letter she sent me at TEC about 10 years ago.  She had just started at St Thomas and we all knew that her intentions were to leave the Catholic Church as soon as she got away from home.  She shared that she had asked a seminarian where she could find an Efree church as she intended to leave the Catholic Church.  "We have to talk!"  "Mom, not only have I not missed a Sunday mass, but I am now going to daily mass.  Your prayers are answered... I have come to love the Church and see the Truth!"  She entered Catholic Studies - studied a year in Rome - lived with the Poor Clares for 5 months discerning religious life and then left and found Joseph, married and is now the mother of 5 children... 3 here with her and 2 in heaven!  She embraced the work for LIFE by working at a pregnancy center in ST Paul where there was an Eucharistic chapel and a ultrasound machine to help girls see the LIFE in their womb and choose to have their baby and not kill it!

Johnny and Rosie at TEC!  As I prayed John and Hallel's decade - I recalled the many times that they have prayed outside abortion clinics.  How important and powerful is that!!!  There is a movement underweigh called 40 days for LIFE -
http://www.40daysforlife.com/twincities/  On Ash Wednesday in Feb 13 there will be praying going on outside abortion clinics around the country - the last campaign there were 821 babies saved at the last campaign!!!  So this is very powerful and it can truly make a difference and save a LIFE!  Look into it and maybe think about joining the prayer vigil!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
JESUS... change the world and save LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment