The Christmas picture from the year that we converted to the Catholic Church - Christmas Eve 41 years ago! My dad was no longer a Protestant minister, and we were all Catholic and attending the Basilica of St Mary. I was officially in my nun years. In January of 1972 I lived in the Cenacle convent - behind the enclosure with the sisters and lived their lives with them as I studied and wrote a paper on religious life. The January sun streaming in their chapel while an elderly Monsignor said the mass for the community daily - so beautiful to me as a new convert to come to the table of the Lord. There is such a deep and beautiful place for my heart, mind and soul as the Truth of the Real Presence permiated me inside and out. I became so hungry for Jesus in the Eucharist, and it became a part of my LIFE and LOVE came to dwell in me more and more!
Christmas picture 1974 - I had just graduated nursing from College of St Catherine... working 6 months at Sisters of the Poor Nursing Home in St Paul so that I could then start working at the only place I ever wanted to nurse - Hennipen County Medical Center! Shortly after this my wish came true and I got a job on the Neurology station at General Hospital and within a year of so we moved into the new Hospital and it was called HCMC. I worked there until I met Pat, dated long distance, and moved to Marshall to be a farmer's wife and work for Public Health until I had my first daughter, Ruth. Then I had the blessing of staying home with my kids for 14 years! Thank you. Pat! Those nest years were so special to me, yet there was great pain that our family shared with the 6 losses we had of our little ones in heaven. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
Deacon Robert Cross - my dad - baptizing our 3rd daughter, Maria. The journey is so amazing and is just continuing to go on and on! Lord, I am overwhelmed!



Simрly ωiѕh to say youг article
ReplyDeleteіs аs surprіsing. The сlarity
іn your post is ѕіmply grеat
and i сan assume you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.
Also visit my web site; where to buy Furniture to refurbish
Also visit my page :: flip antiques for profit