Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"On the 9th day of Christmas my True LOVE gave to me..."

There are not really any new pictures lately, but I take so many when we are all together for Christmas and many that I haven't used yet, so... I am using some of those today.  I am missing my sweet little family in Texas today, and they are in these too, so it is allowing me to feel close to them, and probably to miss them more when I look upon their sweet loving faces.  Therese loves the babies, and is never far away from them when she is here.  Now she has her own baby brother, and has learned how to carry him, and is allowed to do it as long as her mom is asked first.  Here Gus had to hold and kiss his sister, with the help of mom, and Therese is there to grab her when he is done. 
Bernadette surrounded by LOVE! 
It was very powerful this morning to have Fr Craig put on FB - "On the 9th day of Christmas my True Love gave to me..."  Pondering this, and the great JOY that fills me with each Chritmas - I have good cause!  Here is how I responded to this... "my true love gave to me...My journey into the Catholic Church with my entire family - parents - my dad was a Protestant minister, and my 10 younger siblings 41 years ago at midnight mass Christmas Eve! It has been a glorious daily" love feast" ever since! Jesus, you gave me LIFE, LIGHT and LOVE! Jesus, I trust in you. Bless-bless" 


Therese even carries Gus for short distances!  How I rejoice, at the acknowledgment, that Christmas truly is much more for me and my family than simply Christmas!!  This year marks our 41st anniversary of our all taking our first Communion at Midnight Christmas Eve mass at the Cenacle convent in Wayzata, MN!  All 13 of us took our first communion there as a family, and for me the daily glorious journey of LOVE began!  There is not a day that goes by without the wonder of the Word, Sacrament and Saint of that day - each or all of them together make it a day of huge JOY and celebration!  Even the days of Lent and the hard times... are days filled with all the blessings and graces of my True Church!  How I love it!!!  I am right now taking a walk down memory lane by reading once again The Imitation of Christ by Thomas aKempis.  He started me on my journey as a young 20 year old Catholic girl, who was thinking that the Lord was calling me to religious life.  This is a new translation without the "thees and thous" and that makes is a bit different, yet so amazing!  "Judge yourself, and beware passing judgement on others.  In judging others, we expend our energy to no purpose; we are often mistaken, and easily sin.  But if we judge ourselves, our labor is always to our profit..."  This is a big one for me to remember! 
Bernadette and Patrick in the clouds...  It was so wonderful for them to be together - just a month apart in age, and now Patrick is reborn to newness of LIFE and healing, as he was surrounded by so many prayers! 
Jesus, on this feastday of two great Eastern Saints of your early Church, we are reminded of the rich and unending beauty of all there is to learn as we walk with YOU and your glorious Bride, the Church!  We are filled with wonder and awe, and all the Gifts of the Spirit, as we are filled with the Food of eternal LIFE and LOVE!  We know You, O Lord, through Your Word and Sacraments each day.  We grow in our LOVE for you, as we pray to Our Spiritual Mother, Mary Most Holy, and all the Saints that are kneeling before your Throne!  May we always carry the Truth in our hearts, minds and Spirits as we walk down the narrow path carrying our Most Cherished Cross, and within our domestic Church/family.  What JOY I have been blessed with over these last 41 years in your Church!  I am eternally grateful as we walk with YOU. St Gregory the Great and St Basil, pray for us!   We thank and praise you now and forever, O Lord.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Halleluia

Bernadette reaching out to touch/punch her big healthy happy cousin, Patrick! 
Bless-bless, Barb

What a difference a month makes!  Although Patrick was 2 pounds heavier at birth! 
"Some people undergo their heaviest temptations at the beginning of their conversion; some towards the end of their course; others are greatly troubled all their lives; while there are some whose temptations are but light.  This is in accordance with the wisdom and justice of God's ordinance, who weighs the condition and merits of every man, and disposes all things for the salvation of those whom he chooses."  Thomas aKempis
"With the temptation, God will provide a way to overcome it, that we may be able to bear it."  I Cor 10:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjhxOv9YDag  Who am I?  by Casting Crowns
Why?  Because I am feeling very personally touched by HIM today and always!

I love and miss you Therese, David and Patrick and mom, Maria, and dad, Joseph!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment