Monday, February 23, 2015

"I was thirsty and you gave me a drink."

I have this picture on my wall and love to look at it and appreciate the activity of LIFE displayed here.  It is as if a wave from the ocean of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT is washing over Hallel, and she is anticipating the freshness and the energy that fills you as you dive down under and then swim to the surface and catch a breath of the fresh air!  With Mary the Mother of God and St Therese looking over her shoulder with smiles of delight at the great LOVE for LIFE that permeates our family starting with my Patrick on our engagement weekend reassuring me through the Holy Spirit - "The world needs LIGHTS."  when I asked him if we were being selfish to have a large family when all the other couples were limiting their families to 2 at the most!  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html  here is the page I have devoted to our marriage stories.
 A sweet one of Maria homeschooling her oldest , while holding her newborn being greeted by her 2 year old Patrick.  I think you can tell that I have not had a chance to take pictures for a few days, and so I am digging into my older ones.  Ruth is bringing her 2 youngest over shortly, so photo op time!

We all got up this morning together to have breakfast and prayer before John headed out on his first day of work.  While reading the Gospel from Matthew Pat said that it reminded him of Little Sister Alma, and I shared that it reminded me of our TEC friend, Larry, who used it in his funeral mass.  Yes, it was his funeral and he had chosen this... the separating of the sheep from the goats in Matt 25!  This is when God brings the sheep into his Kingdom for they..."Come, you who are blessed by my Father.  Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me."  Our friend did this and certainly could remind his friends that we need to do likewise!
 A lady that lives this out is my mother in law!  I love this picture of her and her son, Ed, sharing her applesauce with very willing little 8 month old Dominic! 

Pat's story of Little Sister Alma is a powerful one that she shared with him while they walked through their poor neighborhood in Kansas City, Kansas a few years back.  She told him about a day they went begging for their food in a poor neighborhood.  "We knocked on the door and were greeted by a young woman - we could tell by her tattoos that she had been in prison and was a member of a gang.  When we asked if she could share any food with us, she became very upset and told us that she didn't even have food for her kids!  We then shared with her the Gospel that we always carry with us and in the process of sharing she said to us; Well, I suppose I could get you a glass of water."  Little Sister Alma was so moved by this and felt that she had allowed this hardened woman to give to someone in need, and opened the door for her to come closer to Jesus and find salvation. 
Dominic holding onto great-grandma's finger... she has experienced 95 more years of life, yet they share the bond of Family LOVE!

Jesus, a new week lies ahead of us filled with many opportunities to love and to serve our domestic Church/family without counting the cost.  May we give and give and give some more and die to self so that you may live in us.  Use us to your honor and glory and may we have the eyes of our hearts to see those that are in need around us.  May we minister to them - giving all we have and then some.  And for those wounds in our lives that are keeping us apart one from the other... may these words ring in our hearts, minds and souls - "Wounded, I will not cease to LOVE."  This is so difficult, yet we are asked to embrace those humbling and hurtful times each day and continue to love and serve!  The psalm today #19 - "Let the words of my mouth and the thought of my heart find favor before you, O Lord, my rock and redeemer."  May the words that come out of my mouth be Life-giving!  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image result for quotes of blessed teresa of calcutta
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta certainly can teach us about The Gospel today!
Image result for quotes of blessed teresa of calcutta
LOVE is the bottom line!!!!!  Give me more LOVE this day, O Lord, that I may be less and less concerned with me!
'Let us allow Jesus into our lives, and leave behind our selfishness, indifference and closed attitudes to others. - Pope Francis

Kindly follow our partner page:
http://fb.com/epicpew1'
May I find a place of LOVE rather than judgment to call others to YOU,  O Lord!
The Afters - Broken Hallelujah
Santus Real - Lead me
Brandon Heath - give me your eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment