Saturday, February 21, 2015

"Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do." Jesus

 A year ago John had the blessing of living firsthand some of the ministries of a young priest.  He was able to share in the life and work and healing ministry and daily mass and taking Jesus's Body/The Eucharist to the sick and homebound, and working with the youth, and visiting the nursing home, where I am headed today to work as a nurse, and praying the office morning and night with our cousin, Fr Craig Timmerman.  Now you can see the results of that time as well as his year in seminary and it looks a lot like a man called to serve in the Church in some way.  Add to that his burning desire to share his story to whomever will listen to him, and hopefully inspire the listeners to come to Jesus... the dear and glorious physician!  Today in the Gospel he calls Levi/Matthew the tax collector.
 Out of gratitude and love - John's grandma Anna strokes the head that has been healed by Jesus!  We all witness the beauty of this gesture and her ability to "touch the sick."  Why do I say that?  Because John's brain and the head that surrounds it has been through so much in the battle of brain cancer 5 years ago, and now it remains a barrier for some to accept and love him.  "The Cancer" which almost killed John is a symbol to him of his half-hearted asking for Faith... "God allowed me to find cancer to find my faith, and I thank God for that every day!"  That gets to be so hard for some to deal with on a day to day basis.  Grandma Ann shows her acceptance and honoring of John's place in this world, which has changed with the new John.  I will have a rosary I my pocket and be praying for John's words to touch those attending the men's retreat this morning.  He is speaking about scripture! 
John ministering to the new born calf, whose mother didn't quite understand what had happened to her with the delivery of her first calf. 

Jesus, go with me this day as I serve those in need at the nursing home.  We all know that when we are weak and sick that we need you and those are the times that we turn to you. "Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your Truth."  Psalm 86 from mass today.  I always want to share your Way, your Truth, and your LIFE, O Lord!  May I die to self, so that you may live in me.  "Then LIGHT shall rise for you in the darkness, and the gloom shall become like midday..."  Isaiah 58
Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image result for quotes of blessed teresa of calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment