I think that Jeanie cake is so special to all of us, but I also think that Jean has a deep love for her too and also knows how much Mary means to John since his journey called brain cancer/healing/finding faith! http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
If you go to the page I have devoted to John's cancer stories - you will see that I borrowed this picture from there. John healed and so enthralled with love for Our Lady of Lourdes as we found ourselves there for the second time - in July of 2011 for Susan's/Hallel's first vows! John was slain with love for his Spiritual Mother and has never recovered!
Many times since I have seen that sappy grin of LOVE from John when we pray to or mention Our Lady! Last night before we took our first bite of Jeanie cake - "But we didn't pray to Our Lady first!" "The cake said; Mary pray for us. Amen." "OK."
It was such a blessing that we had our first fake plans to celebrate on her feastday, and it was so special that Jean went ahead and made this special cake for us to devour on John's late birthday celebration! She sensed how much of a gift that was for John and his old mom! Thank you, dear friend, Jean Schmidt!
The first time in Lourdes - August 2009 with a sister under each arm! John had just had his biopsy to discover his rare brain cancer which left him unable to walk on his own. This so portrays the Cross to me with John's arms outstretched around his sisters to walk! It gives a new meaning to the idea of the Cross - that we are carried forward by the Cross rather than carrying it or even dragging it. It gives a new meaning to how we are called to be there for our brother in his need - actions rather than words! This comes across so powerfully in the readings of today!
Final prayer from morning prayer today; God, Our Father, you have spoken into the chaos of sin the one all powerful Word of Salvation, your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Teach us to put our faith in the constancy of your Word and not in the multiplication of our own. Through, Christ our Lord. Amen
The 27th Psalm was so great to use for John's 27th birthday card with the painting I made on his birthday in KC..."I have asked of the Lord one thing; one thing only do I want: to live in the Lord's house all the days of my life, to marvel there at his greatness and to ask for his guidance... When you said 'Come worship me.' I answered, 'I will come Lord." John shared that he continues to ask the Lord to show him the path ahead. So we continue to lift that intention up and TRUST!
Today in the Gospel Jesus gives us the simple and awesome prayer that we each repeat numerous times daily... the Lord's Prayer! It is all to be taken in and digested and not just mindlessly repeated... for me the phrase that I make myself pause and say with meaning is "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." I know how those angers and resentments can creep in and we can hold onto them and nurse them. We are called to forgive and our own forgiveness depends upon this... this is critical for our spiritual welfare!
It was wonderful to get to mass this morning! I think I will be able to make adoration shortly and that is such a gift! The best hour of the week! Talk about going to the desert/mountaintop all in one! I feel the excitement welling up within me to spend this precious time at the feet of my Jesus in the monstrance!
Jesus, thank you for the small gifts that you bless us with through our wonderful friends of Faith! It is hard to make plans and to gracefully accept that they are made to be changed with the shifts and changes in our lives. It is hard to shift gears for this old heap. May I gracefully listen to the Spirit calling unto me to die to self and to give without counting the cost. Guide and direct John as he continues to ask you to direct his life and allow him to share his story of finding faith through brain cancer. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen
We got out the good dishes and the wine glasses to celebrate, but foremost was this wonderful cake with Our Lady and John and I are so happy to have some pictures to remember this always! Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

We also love Our Mary of the Americas - Our Lady of Guadalupe!

Mercy is so powerful and so hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment