Berna with a flower gifted to her with St Agnes looking on behind. Agnes is such a powerful reminder that we are to love Jesus above all and give our all without counting the cost. There is much in life that is a mystery like why we lose our little ones in the womb. So often I would question, mourn and suffer after a loss. My two boys I lost at 5 months after John... in for a normal check up and no heartbeat! Then to have to go through a 5 month abortion procedure to have them - postagladin suppository. I am swamped by so many feelings tonight! So much pain remembered and making prayer more powerful!
My heart is torn in two after a heart wrenching sharing of a young woman who went in for her OB today, and they did not find the heartbeat and the ultrasound confirmed that the baby has died. The feeling of horror and lost hope are washing over me to read her words tonight...
"The baby died. Oh God, not again. I couldn't find a heartbeat on the Doppler this morning, and ultrasound confirmed the baby is gone." I can so remember experiencing this myself, and it makes me so want to reach out to her tonight. Be a listening ear and pray with her that she can find some healing and peace. How this is bringing life to the words of the Gospel for today! "If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. What profit is there for one to gain the whole world yet lose or forfeit himself?" Luke 9
The words of St Bernadette today thanking God for her poverty, dirty sheep that she had to watch, hunger, lack of education..."thank you, thank you! Because had there been in this world a girl more ignorant and stupid than I, you would have chosen her." A prime example of how we are to trust in Jesus' plan and for me it was that I have 7 praying for me in heaven and not here walking the earth with me.
Jesus, I need you and fall on my knees before you. Allow me to dig deep and take that pain and use it to pray powerfully and deeply trusting in Jesus to always be there for us in our deep pain and need. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
My two middle daughters have now joined me in sharing in the pain of loss...more little ones called to join our prayer army - painful prayer power!

No comments:
Post a Comment