Monday, February 1, 2016

"Go home to your family and announce to them all the Lord in his pity has done for you." Jesus today

Nancy and I are home with the kids as Bill is gone for his first day of work here in KC.  Grandma got some time alone with Dominic this morning snuggling with his soft cute puppy.

The Gospel today is the amazing one of casting out "Legion" into the swine herd of 2,000 and all of them drowning in the sea.  It is the picture after, when Jesus is asked to leave after they hear of this crazy event, and the healed man comes to Jesus and "pleaded to remain with him."  That feeling we have when we are in Adoration or at mass or with The Community... Can I just stay here with you, Jesus?  Jesus, tells us no we must return to our family!  "Go home to your family and announce to them all the Lord in his pity has done for you."  For me... away from home now for over 2 weeks, these are such powerful words this day!
Kateri/Indian braids in the mirror in grandma's room.

I am seeing that my announcing all the Lord has done for me overlaps into the lives of  those closest to me, and that I need to be  careful about that.  I do burn to share the powerful messages I have learned along the way. The fingerprint of God that I see on my life.  I see this in John's journey and how he burns to share his story far and wide!  There is nothing I love more than the chance to share my story! 
When we had the wonderful opportunity to have mass and sharing at Lumen Christi yesterday... I was so excited to share with others as a mother of the first American little Sister!  Nancy reminded me that there are others now, and I spoke to myself that I wanted to listen to what others had to share instead of blathering on and on about myself and my family.  It truly was a blessing to hear the stories of others!  I was very touched by a sharing of a father of a family of the Lamb from the first times they came to KC in 2008.  He had a most amazing week in Saint Pierre during Holy Week staying with the Little Brothers, and experienced that feeling of  wanting to remain with Jesus.  How we carry those special hours/Adoration, weeks of retreat, or special encounters with our Jesus always in our special chapel within!  We return to our family and there bear the fruits of those encounters and healings Jesus brings to us!
Little Brother Christoph... "You are the fun one!" said Gus after her chased he and Dominic down the hall after mass.  So light hearted and filled with JOY!  Archbishop spoke of bringing the LOVE of Christ into our families and helping those closest to us be better people.  Yes, Lord!
Jesus, I am so beyond filled with all that you give me, and may I share it in my family and when necessary use words.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
A snuggly kind of day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment