Little brother, David, in the front row with the first graders wanted to wear a tie to mass today... talk about sweetness! Big sister Mary up front leading the singing with her cousin.
There are very powerful readings in mass today... the first one from Jeremiah 17 speaks of how we are loved and find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT in our following of Jesus and with the help of His Bride, The Church! More tortuous than all else is the human heart, beyond remedy, who can understand it? I, the Lord, alone probe the mind and test the heart, to reward everyone according to his ways, according to his deeds.
Leading the responses during the mass - The "Amen" at the end of the consecration of The Body and Blood.
Do you ever realize that Jesus knows all that we do - even the stuff we are ashamed of and try to keep secret in the recesses of our souls? This verse from Jeremiah today is a strong reminder that in trying to stuff some stuff into the dark is only hurting ourselves and our relationship with Jesus. Why not humble ourselves and bring those things to the LIGHT in confession and allow Jesus to give us unconditional love and forgiveness? We are only hurting ourselves by hiding and burying and sweeping under the rug and putting in the dark closet under the bags and boxes... can you tell that I am in the midst of living in a remodel with all the constant mess and boxes and bags and dust and craziness? Jesus, sees our hearts and minds and souls... so why not clean things up and leave our mess and dirt and sins and darkness and evil habits and selfishness behind?
The stations of the Cross are so powerful during Lent as we recall the journey that Jesus humbly made to death for our sins on the Cross! My most favorite statue of Mary has blessed my life of now the second generation of kids at the Catholic School. For Pat it is his 3rd as he himself went to school at HRS and his mother before him!
The Gospel today is the beggar, Lazarus, outside the rich man's door, who would have loved to eat the scraps from the rich man's table and the dogs licked his sores. Father talked today about how when we do the small things for people like visiting the sick, or donating clothing, or feeding the hungry we are doing them for Jesus, and making strides in holiness. Sometimes the hardest to do those small things for are those the closest to you in your domestic Church/family! Why do those feelings of anger and resentment well up inside of us so easily when we are maybe asked not so nicely by those closest to us to do this or that? Then we snap back and around and around and messier it gets. Lord, help us to smile more and say a kind "yes" more.
Luke notices a new baby and is charming - "Going in the car?"
Jesus, may we work towards having a more clean and holy heart for you and filled with your LOVE one for the other. May we give without counting the cost, and when we are forgotten or thought less of may we rejoice that we may find some measure of humility - knowing that we are nothing without you. We cannot do this loving and forgiving on our own... we need to have your help and mercy so that we may return that mercy to those around us. Most especially those in our domestic Church/family. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen
Reminding us of the desert we have entered for these 40 days of Lent. Dry and lifeless we fall on our knees and lay our burdens down... all the rocks that we are carrying and that we constantly trip over as we stumble down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross towards the LIGHT. Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Sweet Mary Angela fills me with much Joy!
Such a stunning moon greeted me when I left Ruth and Paul's last night!

St Therese says it much better than I!

Fun to find some pictures of my family today enjoying beautiful weather!

"I LOVE how our kids enjoy each other's company and (even though there may be a fuss to start -
they definitely aren't saints yet!) really play well together." Maria
Tree house picture... my prayer to their guardian angels looks pretty important when I see this!

May his heart be ours beating with LOVE!
http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/Lifestyle/People-Profiles/Meet-Mother-Mary-Clare-RoufsOne-of-the-Youngest-Nuns-in-America/ A sweet article about Mother Mary Clare, who was with Susan/Hallel in the discernment house in St Paul about 9 years ago.
The Litany of Humility
O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
From the desire of being esteemed,
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being esteemed,
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being loved...
From the desire of being extolled ...
From the desire of being honored ...
From the desire of being praised ...
From the desire of being preferred to others...
From the desire of being consulted ...
From the desire of being approved ...
From the fear of being humiliated ...
From the fear of being despised...
From the fear of suffering rebukes ...
From the fear of being calumniated ...
From the fear of being forgotten ...
From the fear of being ridiculed ...
From the fear of being wronged ...
From the fear of being suspected ...
From the desire of being extolled ...
From the desire of being honored ...
From the desire of being praised ...
From the desire of being preferred to others...
From the desire of being consulted ...
From the desire of being approved ...
From the fear of being humiliated ...
From the fear of being despised...
From the fear of suffering rebukes ...
From the fear of being calumniated ...
From the fear of being forgotten ...
From the fear of being ridiculed ...
From the fear of being wronged ...
From the fear of being suspected ...
That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I ...
That, in the opinion of the world,
others may increase and I may decrease ...
That others may be chosen and I set aside ...
That others may be praised and I unnoticed ...
That others may be preferred to me in everything...
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should…
That, in the opinion of the world,
others may increase and I may decrease ...
That others may be chosen and I set aside ...
That others may be praised and I unnoticed ...
That others may be preferred to me in everything...
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should…
Can you imagine praying for this/asking for this? Wow!
Danielle Rose - Litany of Humility
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love
Laura Story - What a Savoir
JJ Weeks Band - Alive in me


No comments:
Post a Comment