The big reminder for today is in the Gospel when Jesus calls to St Matthew - "Follow me." St Matthew was a tax collector and sinner... I think that the sinner part describes me to a "t" too! Jesus, in His Word is so powerful for shining a LIGHT on my sins and weaknesses. How I need to come to the Dear and Glorious Physician to be healed and put on the path of Truth! Psalm 86 from mass today speaks of our journey down the narrow path to LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE!
Incline your ear, O Lord; answer me,
for I am afflicted and poor.
Keep my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God!
Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for to you I call all the day.
Gladden the soul of your servant,
for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in kindness to all who call upon you.
Hearken, O Lord, to my prayer
and attend to the sound of my pleading.
Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth.
It is very sweet how Rose now says her name - "I am Rose Ida Lanoue." She told great-grandma this and they had to tell her about her great-great grandma Ida Louwagie for whom this family name has been carried on down the generations. Ruth was born on what would have been Ida's 90th birthday, so there is a special meaning there. St Rose of Lima is Ruth's patron saint from confirmation, so when they considered naming their baby daughter Rose they struggled with a middle name. Rose Ida just fit... especially after Ruth Ida Rose being loved and familiar. Now they call Rose a little mini Ruth. I do have to say that Rose is much more zesty than her mom was at that age.
I am feeling the pull to get into Reconciliation these days. Lent does have that effect on me, but I also see that if I get there more often and go to my wonderful Physician that I can make more progress with digging deeper and maybe not falling back into bad sinfulness that I struggle with time after time. It is miserable to face Jesus through the priest and confess my sins, but it is more miserable to constantly be weighed down by them and not throwing them off and walking ahead down the path of Truth.
Jesus, your Church is amazing and we are gifted with such grace to follow you by embracing the wonderful sacraments we are given to help us towards heaven forever with you. May we make the time to fall on our knees in the confessional and lay our burdens at your feet, and may we receive your heavenly food often in The Eucharist. The Sacrament of Marriage is our daily help, too, giving us the grace we need to die to self so that you may live in us and so that we may return the Mercy you have shown us to those closest to us in our domestic Church/family. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb

Lord, hear my prayer.

"Hail Mary" brings me to a place of peace and joy!

I love the Saints so much! Don't get me started... I could go on all day!

For Ruth, Paul, and their wonderful farm kids!

This patience in the face of all frustrations is so needed and prayed for!

I came across this and found it quite an insightful sharing. Our grandson, Simon, struggles with a type of autism and he certainly has a beautiful sensitive heart! We love you, Simon, and know that Lord has great plans for you to touch the world with His Truth.
I guess I am in the mood to be lifted up by Christian music today...

Just went to Maria's blog and found this gem. Therese is such a wonderful giving and loving older sister to Romeo! This sweet picture brings tears to my eyes... guess I am kind of emotional today, but what is new about that?

Romeo has on the hat I wore while pregnant with Maria 34 years ago! Had to share...
Snowball went to the pasture in the sky yesterday. She will be missed by her friend, Mary.
Coming soon to our barn - calving begins in a few weeks! Bless us with a good year, O Lord!
John just turned 27 and 6 weeks later Brad will join him!

No comments:
Post a Comment