The big/little bad wolf to Rose's Little Red Riding hood was just about one here and will be 6 in two days. He and Maria's Evangeline share All Saints Day birthdays with their Aunt Little Sister Hallel on her Feast day... as all the Saints are singing their total praise to the Trinity - "Hallelujah in the highest!!!"
Bothering Hallel is my joy! It is such a gift to have her here in the U.S. for the last 3 years! I need to not cling too much...She doesn't hesitate to keep me in my place though.
There are some fake plans about Pat getting down there soon after harvest wraps up. She will put up with me again if I bring her dad along this time, but we are thinking we will stay in a hotel and not impose on her life of prayer and dishes, and time with Jesus her spouse in Eucharist and Word.
This also came up as a memory today from John's first day working in Jackson as a 4H agent 6 years ago. How Mary made us feel welcome as we were navigating the journey after brain cancer.
We know that shortly after this John was told at Mayo that there appeared to be "shadowing on his brain" in the MRI and that it looked like dementia was starting to develop. How we suffered and wept and the "inexpressible groanings" that St Paul described today, were filling John with pain and suffering with such a hard future ahead. Jackson fell through shortly after, but the next visit to Mayo lifted the pain when our faithful doctor, Brian, said that it was misread and he saw it all to be fine. What was that all about? Going through the narrow gate means that we must give our all to Him, and embrace our Most Cherished Cross to pass through as we die to self so that Jesus is our ALL!
Rose and JJ - Joy Jean - brought their swim suits to swim in the bubbly hot tub last night. They are so sweet and loving to each other. It was special to hear 7 year old Rose call her sister, JJ.
Rose taking care of her little sister. I have been told that Rose is starting to toilet train her 2 1/2 year old sister by sitting with her and reading to her. Big families are the best!
There are some things weighing on me lately as I get in touch with some of my shortcomings and faults... these words from one of my heroes when I was a new Catholic - Thomas A'Kempis and his book Imitation of Christ!
In the Imitation of Christ, Jesus says: "Look, I offered
Myself wholly to the Father for you; I also gave My
whole body and blood for food, that I might be wholly yours, and you should remain mine.
But if you stand upon yourself and do not offer yourself freely
to My will, the offering is not fully made,
nor will union between us be complete."
How I long for my union to be complete with Jesus! I see at times like this that the frequent use of Reconciliation is a beautiful healing gift to be used often!
Special times at grandma's house!
Jesus, how I want to love you better with all that I have. Oh, to walk away from the sins and distractions that keep me from being totally yours. May I die to self so that you may live in me! May I take up/drag my Most Cherished Cross and find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT and your unconditional love and forgiveness. That I may in turn return that to all those around me most especially those in our domestic Church/family. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Kids home on the bus, and dad hauling corn... keep the farmers safe and sane, Lord. Thank you for the late but bountiful harvest. Bless-bless, Barb
Rose and Berna 5 years ago! LOVE the color and the sweet smiles!
Adorable Luke and Dominic... Luke will be 6 on Nov 1 and Domo is 5 since July. They are buddies now and are joined by Romeo, who was 5 on Sept 15.
Nancy giving a hand... Oh my!

God says to us: "I know you don't understand me yet. But trust me: believe me when I tell you I am good and dare to live on the basis of trust. Then you will discover that behind your sufferings, behind the difficulties of your life, love is hiding. Then you will know that precisely in this way I have done something good for you." There are many examples of saints and great people who have dared to have this trust and have thus found true happiness- for themselves and for many others- precisely in the greatest darkness. Pope Benedict XVI reigned as pope 2005- 2013
St Teresa of Calcutta was certainly kissed by Jesus, and is an example of how we are to enter the narrow gate!

Yes, Lord!

Yes! The prayer with me throughout my day!

Happy Feast Day
Blessed Chiara Luce Badano
1971 - 1990
Feast day: October 29
Blessed Chiara Badano was born on October 29, 1971, to Ruggero and Maria Teresa Badano in Sassello, Italy. The couple waited and prayed eleven years to have Chiara. At age nine she joined the Focolare Movement and received the nickname "Luce" by the founder Chiara Lubich. When she was 16 she was diagnosed with osteogenic sarcoma, a painful bone cancer. Chiara succumbed to cancer on October 7, 1990, after a two-year battle with the disease.




No comments:
Post a Comment