I am a bit saddened today to realize that Maria and family will not be a part of our Christmas together here in Minnesota. Of course, I always want to have the opportunities to get us all together and I was so hoping that 6 months apart could allow this to happen. We do have fake plans to go out there with possibly a few cousins from the farm, but... I really wanted to allow the cousins to have each other, and my 3 new grandsons to get together for the second time by 9 months. It is hard to not have them together crawling in 3 different directions I am sure.
I have Jude this morning, and had to set up a fall photo shoot with the wonderful arrangement that I was gifted by my girls and grandkids for my birthday a week ago. The word says "Thankful" and so I am to have my wonderful family sharing our Faith and Farmlife.
Nancy and I have actual plans to head down to KC possibly as soon as tomorrow for MEA vacation. Hallel has talked to her dad and I for our birthdays and is interested in the farm work that is happening for the first time on the farm - making Sorghum silage. I made a movie and will take pictures to show her what her dad tried to explain to her on the phone. She is a farm girl at heart and is always interested in what is going on. When she was here for her home visit 2 1/2 years ago in the spring... we had gotten a late start at planting, and she followed her dad around some while he was busy working.
Yes, Jude we are so thankful for you in our family! We did not hear a whimper out of him the time he was here yesterday and such a good boy for grandma today!
Grandpa was Jude's high chair for Sunday dinner... Mom fed him what we had - mashed potatoes, cooked carrots and applesauce. It is such a great feelings when the baby can join us in our meals even eating the same food, which was prepared with love! Sunday dinner with family is so special to me! Serving our meat, canned food, and food from the garden... nothing better!
Sharing the icon of Jesus, Mary and John my mother made from barn wood and gifted to me with Bobbi and John! When we turned it over we could see that the wood had been cut with a saw... very old indeed! Mom explained to me that she left the side as is to show that it was from the barn there in Wisconsin - "the farm".
The farm floods me with the memories of my "romantic first years" of being Catholic! Reading Thomas Merton and Venerable Thomas A'Kempis... making caligraphy Bible verses on barn wood, and falling head over heels in love with Jesus and His Bride, The Church. Each day since has been overflowing with The Truth, The Way and The LIFE!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
He brought his jumper along and loves his tongue to blow bubbles with!
I was overjoyed and filled with surprise and wonder to discover the first reading for today's mass was the beginning of Romans! We have been wading through the old testament prophets lately and now St Paul's book to the Romans!?! I admit I looked ahead and see that we are on a roll with more and more Romans with each day ahead!
How's this...
"Through him we have received the grace of apostleship,
to bring about the obedience of faith,
for the sake of his name, among all the Gentiles,
among whom are you also, who are called to belong to Jesus Christ;
to all the beloved of God in Rome, called to be holy.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 1:1-7
We do belong to Jesus Christ and how we look to him to have the Grace to love and serve as He has done to us! When I take up my beads each day... my inner temple floods with the LIGHT and the peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!

What a cherished memory from 7 years ago! Joseph ringing the doorbell and being embraced by his family as he has just returned from Afghanistan due to the traumatic birth of his new son, Patrick!
I wrote this; Joseph arrived home to the loving arms of his family at 1p! The doorbell rang and the kids opened it to find daddy there!!! They were overjoyed and now after a "Sunday dinner," time for stories of his time away, and guitar with dancing... Maria and Joe are off to be with Patrick! Our prayers are flowing all around them! Jesus, we know that you are in control in the midst of the storm! Jesus, we trust in you.
Now we look upon the healthy happy Patrick and know that the Lord listened to our prayers and answered them mightily!
R.(2a) The Lord has made known his salvation.
Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done wondrous deeds;
His right hand has won victory for him,
his holy arm.
R. The Lord has made known his salvation.
The LORD has made his salvation known:
in the sight of the nations he has revealed his justice.
He has remembered his kindness and his faithfulness
toward the house of Israel.
R. The Lord has made known his salvation.
All the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation by our God.
Sing joyfully to the LORD, all you lands;
break into song; sing praise.
R. The Lord has made known his salvation.
Grandma and her photo shoots... Jude is getting trained!
The excitement is building to return to KC with Nancy and her kids to share time with Hallel and her Community of the Lamb! Two of my daughters sharing time and our deeply shared faith together is such a very amazing gift! There will be daily mass and adoration as this is needed and required by our nun daughter with her Spouse, Jesus Christ! To witness that love is so very powerful and allows my love for Jesus and His Church to grow as we share in their prayer, Mendicating (chewing) The Word/Jesus and allowing him to dwell in us and with us! Also receiving Jesus Body and Blood in the Eucharist each day!
How I would love to take along John, Bobbi and Jude, but their lives are not allowing it to happen now. A time will come!
Jesus, how we are loved by you and given your unconditional love and forgiveness! May we in turn give that to those around us - most especially those the closest to us in our domestic church/family. "Wounded, I will never cease to love." Yes, we are hurt, but may we give back love and forgiveness to those that wound us. May we die to self so that you may live in us and we may become your hands and feet! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
I always have to take 3... It is not completed without trying at least 2 times!
Joseph home from Afghanistan 7 years ago... his kids love to dance while he plays... joyful healing much like Psalm 98 today! Joseph sounds like Third Day!
Romans was the first reading 7 years ago in The Church! This verse said it all for our family on our knees for Patrick!
St Patrick held my hand! St Patrick's Cathedral was just down a few blocks from the NICU at Divine Providence hospital in downtown El Paso... I spent many hours there in prayer!
On our knees and giving control to Jesus and Mary and trusting!
Looking at his mommy and giving her comfort and hope!
Patrick came home and is doing wonderfully - healed!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html




No comments:
Post a Comment