Hallel singing the Psalm for mass today! We could hear her beautiful voice proclaim to the Lord!
The LORD said to me, “You are my Son;
this day I have begotten you.
Ask of me and I will give you
the nations for an inheritance
and the ends of the earth for your possession.
You shall rule them with an iron rod;
you shall shatter them like an earthen dish.”
R. Blessed are all who take refuge in the Lord.
or:
R. Alleluia.
Psalm 2
We were able to see Hallel's arm as she led the singing, and she knelt in the picture for the consecration. The way they sing through the mass is very familiar to me and I joyfully joined along with them!
Listening to the Gospel proclaimed and then mendicated by them as they put the words from the Gospel of John to song.
Today's Gospel from John 3 is when Nicodemus comes to Jesus in the night. One thing that struck me as very powerful was when Deacon Francis Xavier preached about how when we come to Jesus alone in night adoration how very powerful and beautiful and personal that time is with him!
The Gospel ends today with these words from Jesus;
“Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless one is born of water and Spirit
he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.
What is born of flesh is flesh
and what is born of spirit is spirit.
Do not be amazed that I told you,
‘You must be born from above.’
The wind blows where it wills,
and you can hear the sound it makes,
but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes;
so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
This part of the Gospel is how my parents put a name to our cabin in the Upper Peninsula in Michigan - "Crosswinds" Dad and I looked at each other and said it at the same time. In 1998 mom and dad built their retirement home/vacation home for the 11 kids in Manistique, MI. How we all loved to go there and take our week! We would have social hour with mom and dad at the picnic table, have Koegel hot dog night, and I could be found down visiting to my heart's content in their separate apartment each and every day of my visit with my precious parents!
As a result of these weeks for about 18 years my grandchildren are longing to return to the big lake. Just as I got it into my blood going there as a young girl while we lived in Flint, MI... they also are now hooked on the Big Lake!

Not long after we adopted the 4 after their parents were killed in an auto accident they were introduced to Lake Michigan!
Here is the story of this amazing adventure we call LIFE in the Cross/Verly family!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
My father getting his prayer book marked as he led us in morning prayer from the office - him in his old worn prayer book and I on ibreviary. My total delight!
Dad stopped half way through to teach me and share with me! We shared about how my being prayed over as a teenager baptized me in the Holy Spirit and that we have shared being "charismatic" and how The Holy Spirit in our lives led dad to come into The Church in 1971 - 49 years ago this year!
The first reading from Acts 4 we read...
As they prayed, the place where they were gathered shook,
and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit
and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
The Holy Spirit at work then and today!
I would say that this is one of my most favorite times of our days! My deacon father leading us in morning prayer! Each Hallelujah is filled with So Much JOY!
I am starting to see very clearly that this is such a blessing for both dad and I! For him to have been in a nursing home there would have been frustration at how long it takes to get help with the shortage of staff to residents. Dad and I are one for one and how I love to make him happy, safe and comfortable! And for me to have one to care for and I can concentrate all my efforts on him... it is such a gift! Compared to when I ended my nursing career as a nursing home nurse - where you have so many patients with constant meds and people falling on the floor most every day... it was hard on them and me! This is a dream of peaceful sharing and caring!
Dad's famous quote today was "One foot in the grave and one on a banana peal."
"After everything we should qualify it by saying The Good Lord Willing, when you are on hospice."
Watching TV and petting our kitty while sitting in the chair I got after their move in October into Assisted Living... now hospice in my home.
I was able to talk to Hallel and tell her that grandpa had watched their mass today. She also discovered that her grandpa is on hospice and living with me for the first time! It was great to speak to her and Pat happened to be home for lunch and so we both shared with her the latest of farm news and home news. She always asks her dad about calving, and is still a farmgirl at heart!
Tomorrow he will have his TV hooked up, but he goes up the 2 steps to watch Fox and Public TV.
Nancy here yesterday introducing her 1 year old to his first baby calves! George seems to like them a lot!
Hallel kneeling in the Consecration - the Body and Blood of Christ!
How I love to have our homemade food with my father! He loves our homemade tomato soup - this is the 3rd time we have had tomato soup for a meal! Also our homemade applesauce, and strawberry jam was on top of some icecream for dessert at lunch while we had The Community of the Lamb singing and praying for us.
How I rejoice to share our hard work of feeding 7 families, including much applesauce and tomato soup taken to our Family of the Lamb! That is why we do the work! To have my dad rave about how much he loves a hot bowl of our wonderful tomato soup! It made me sad since they no longer ate in their own home but were fed at the Assisted living... and just like that here he is and thrilled to be having our farm food!
Our prayer at Communion! Come Holy Spirit fill us with your LOVE, and may we become your hands and feet and Voice sharing the Good News - Jesus in Word, Body and Blood! My wonderful father has devoted his life to sharing the Truth we find in Jesus, and His Bride, The Church! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Dad praying for a young farmer we just learned is on hospice this week too... double vision that indicated brain cancer and now on hospice. So reminicsent of John's battle 11 years ago. Dad is praying his rosary decade for Dave. John is also praying so hard for him as it is so close to home.
Dad praying the 5th Joyful mystery today - Finding Jesus in the temple for healing.
Wonderful son-in-law, Paul Lanoue, keeps my signs on the barn... knowing that there will be a river of family coming to see our father... these words speak on many levels for me! Bless-bless, Barb
And I cannot hold it in, but I must proclaim it to ALL the World!
What I feel about Lumen Christi Monastery/the Light of Christ Monastery in KC!











No comments:
Post a Comment