
Joy hoping for baby kitties on her birthday. I have yet to hear if this happened for her and her brothers and sisters. Baby kitties is a very big deal around there!
Joy celebrated her birthday with just her family last night - with 5 older siblings and parents that makes for an instant party! Grandpa was sharing that she was so excited to get her own scooter like her older brothers and sisters. "She held her hand over her mouth which was smiling so wide when she opened it in the morning." Pure JOY!
New life in the barn and in the house with baby kitties soon to arrive!
We now have 55 calves here, with about 120 to go. If we keep having 10ish a day that could add up quickly! Yesterday we only had 5, but 3 of those were within 10 minutes of each other! We will see what today holds for us. I have cow TV on my phone next to me as I post this for today...
No more twins since these, but each time they reach in to check because we have had so many this year... 6 sets and counting!
My mother's art work inspired me to use her own art work to use as the body of the Cross I made in her honor to place on my Easter Tree, which was brought in over the weekend to put forth leaves and possibly some lilacs in time for Easter like no other!
Easter Tree 2020... each year I make a cross and a butterfly that shares some of the big events of that year or Lent/Easter. This year that had to be the loss of my mother just 2 weeks ago. March 16
Such an amazing keepsake as my heart is full of grief and comfort at the same time. The Word of God is that for me and most especially after Sunday reading of Lazarus - John 11! Jesus' words to Martha share the Truth that my mother will never truly die, but is living now with Jesus, Mary, the Saints and her dead that have gone before her!
Jesus told her,
“I am the resurrection and the life;
whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live,
and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?”
She said to him, “Yes, Lord.
I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God,
the one who is coming into the world.”
John 11
The other side... How mom touched me the most!!! By giving me LIFE and modeling a mother, who is open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS! By her and dad bringing all 13 of us into The Church 48 years ago! Each day since has been a gift to me, and to share that with both of my parents was a small slice of heaven here on earth for me!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
On the tree! The Gospel for today speaks of where my mother found her Truth and ministry - Jesus in The Word!
Jesus said to those Jews who believed in him,
“If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples,
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 8
Mom burned to share Jesus' Truth and published many articles and pamphlets, she taught and developed a Bible study that covered the entire Bible! How she loved Jesus in His Word!
https://www.catholicdiagramteacher.com/
Check out the site where she personally dictated and shared her study, books she wrote, and dad's chalk talks to Alcoholics! So amazed that just a few years ago she took this upon herself! Fr John Drees at her prayer service was intrigued and said that he was going to check her work out!

Love this from my parents to the world!!!
Words about my parents from their site!
The Catholic Diagram Teacher Site is the outgrowth of years of learning, loving, and teaching the Faith of Jesus Christ in the Roman Catholic Church. Becoming Catholic is a lifetime adventure for everyone. What we present is for those baptized Catholics who filled with the Holy Spirit are responding to the Church’s strong encouragement to become a closer, knowing friend of Jesus. We have special thought for those who may be newly considering the claims of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ.
My Maria had a close bond with my mother, Nancy! They were both intellectual introverts so they truly saw eye to eye on all levels. I and my mother were bonded at heart, mind and soul by our LOVE of The Church and I had followed my parents lead from the beginning with Baptism by the Holy Spirit at around age 16 and then following them to a Charismatic prayer group at The Cenacle Convent when we moved to Minneapolis! Next was our entry into The Church - all 13 of us!
My mother's words from her site!
Nancy Cross
Homemaker, Writer, Teacher
Nancy received Christian formation in the North Baptist Church, Flint, Michigan where her grandfather was minister for 27 years. At age twelve her family transferred membership to the First Presbyterian Church. She met Robert at Kalamazoo College, married, then completed her degree. The couple had eight children. Adopting four who were orphaned in a tragic auto accident completed the family. When the Holy Spirit led a group of Presbyterian women to look again at the Bible truths of the role of woman, an art/music/narration drama was developed. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit transformed her religious life and stimulated a life-long search for Truth. The insights gained eventually led to the Catholic Church. The entire family made their profession of faith at the Cenacle Retreat House in Wayzata, MN, at the Christmas Eve Mass in 1971. From that time with the help of uncounted faith-filled Catholics, she has taught Bible classes, Apologetics and RCIA. Her studies and life experience have resulted in a long list of unpublished books.

I really like this image she has there too! I am feeling like I am discovering a treasure that she left for our family!
This she shared was made on wood from our barn in Miltown/WI.."I left that side like that so that we would always recall where it originated from... barn wood." To me "the farm" years were my early romantic years as a new Catholic and head over heels in love with The Church! I recall reading Thomas A'Kempis there and doing much caligraphy of things he wrote in Imitation of Christ! Also scripture verses with art instilled by the peaceful farmland all around me as well as the LIGHT shining forth from within me! I also read Thomas Merton, Seven Story Mountain.

The farm - early Catholics... I really can't say that I have ever lost that excitement and deep LOVE with each new day of this journey with Jesus, Mary, The Church, The Saints, the rosary, PRAYER in my inner temple, so very much beauty and Truth with each new day!
Mary at the foot of mom's Cross!
There is a better mom than you my dear wonderful mother! I know you agree with me!
Jesus, how I am overwhelmed by your unconditional LOVE and forgiveness that surrounds me in my weak sinfulness. May I die to self and allow you to work in me. Come Holy Spirit and fill me with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT that I may go forth as your hands, and feet and voice of Truth! I am yours and I long to love and serve all those in my domestic Church/family as you fill me with so very much each new day! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen

The classic... Mary is now missing, and Phil in the drivers seat lost a twin brother at 3 days old, Lincoln, who is buried in New Hampshire. Now united with mother. Mom would always say that she could not relate to me and my 7 losses, but she lost a daughter at 28 and a infant son. That is much harder than I! Our eyes are focused on heaven where they dwell now with my mother, who remained in the Word and TRULY was and is the Disciple of Jesus! Bless-bless, Barb
Now she is terrific 3!!! Joy lives up to her name!

A Easter and Holy week like no other! Jesus, we trust in you.

Wisdom from Benedict XVI for Lent (and life!): "Pain is part of being human. Anyone who really wanted to get rid of suffering would have to get rid of love before anything else, because there can be no love without suffering, because it always demands an element of self-sacrifice, because, given temperamental differences, it will always bring with it renunciation and pain. When we know that the way of love - this exodus, this going out of oneself - is the true way by which we become human, then we also understand that suffering is the process through which we mature. Anyone who has inwardly accepted suffering becomes more mature and more understanding of others. Anyone who consistently avoids suffering does not understand other people; he becomes hard and selfish.... If we say that suffering is the inner side of love, we then also understand why it is so important to learn how to suffer - and why, conversely, the avoidance of suffering renders someone unfit to cope with life." (Benedictus, p. 104)







No comments:
Post a Comment