Tuesday, April 21, 2020

For the duration with my father, the king of the family!/Born of the Spirit to eternal LIFE!


My family shortly after we came into The Church in 1971 on the farm in Milltown,WI!  My father and mother and the 11 children - I, Barb, being the oldest!

Having my father here with me is bringing so much to the surface for me! 
 I had no idea if he would be up to sharing morning prayer with me again after his current hospitalization and now being on hospice. 

But we have a wonderful new routine of sitting after breakfast is done at the table looking out on my greening yard and trees budding forth and many birds now returned for the spring and summer, my wild cat Stubs that I feed, my pet blue Jays that were here through the winter... I told dad that soon he will watch me as I mow around the house on my riding lawn mower.
 The last few days he has stopped midprayer to do some reflecting and teaching knowing that I love to sit at his feet and gain from his wisdom and prayerful love of The Church! 

He asked me what I felt about Covid/Corona virus..." I am grateful for it because it brought you to my home!"  Dad and I are feeling that we are in this together for the duration, whatever that may be- We are weak and nothing and the Lord is in control! This is from St Therese to dad and I!

 Dad is currently reading a retreat following the teachings of St Therese given him by the Bishop of the Sioux Falls Diocese... so he is sharing pearls from that with me... LOVE!
 My dad loves food/Foodie!  My homegrown frozen corn with his mashed potatoes and gravy with salisbury steak, and a small glass of wine.  We would always have some wine with our supper, so it feels like a comfort to repeat that here in his new home.

I am currently listening to a jazz station on my newly updated TV... thanks to dad adding a box to ours things are all new all the way around and it feels like Christmas to me with all the bells and whistles that come with your TV now!  Thanks for the update dad!
 Thank you note day!  It will be huge relief to get this behind us.  Dad wants to hand write his own notes.  I am allowed to address the envelopes for him.  Teamwork! 

I asked dad if he misses mom and is sad.  "I don't think about it much."  I am sure now that he is not alone all the time that he is kind of busy with company and all the changes.  I guess that is a good thing.  He did call me Nancy yesterday morning when he asked me to pray during morning prayer.  "We have prayed together for many years... 43 since he was ordained a Deacon in The Catholic Church and is asked to do morning and evening prayer.  It is my honor to share this with him each morning as mother used to.  We both smiled and laughed a bit when he called me Nancy.
 Hand written thank yous from Robert!

One thing dad and I have always shared since I received the Holy Spirit is being Charismatic and going to prayer groups together over the years starting with our move to Minneapolis from Flint, MI... we found a prayer group at a Cenacle Convent in Wayzata, MN!  Charismatic nuns!  The rest is history of our coming into the Church... all 13 of us!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html

Another one taken that same day in an old chicken house on the property.

The Gospel the last few days of Nicodemus coming to Jesus alone at night is speaking about how we need to have The Holy Spirit dwelling within us to recognize Jesus and The Truth he brings to us through His Church here on earth!  I am so in love with The Church and there is not one part of the teachings that I do not agree with and follow with no reservations! 

Dad and I share our love for Jesus and His Bride, The Church!  The Spirit reveals it's beauty and Truth!

Jesus said to Nicodemus:

“‘You must be born from above.’
The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes,
but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes;
so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”...
just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.”
Tomato soup for the 4th time in the 5 days he has been here!  Hot soup is his JOY!

Reading the Psalm speaks of how I look upon my wonderful father and what he has done for our huge family in listening to the Holy Spirit direct him, living by example of going down the narrow path carrying/dragging his most Cherished Cross, and than praying for us without ceasing and how we cling to that knowledge as we go through our day to day struggles!
 Deep in prayer with his rosary... he prays for different intentions of each decade for the family... jobs, safety in driving, healing...
It is nice to see him settled in and content and comfortable - My king of our huge family of 140+
R.    Alleluia.
The LORD is king, in splendor robed;
robed is the LORD and girt about with strength.
R.    The Lord is king; he is robed in majesty.
Psalm 93
Yes, the Lord is King!  My father is king of our family and he worships and adores The King of heaven and earth!  

Dad and I smiled to think of mom in heaven with her beloved dogs leaping and jumping all around her to fill her to the brim with happiness!  How she loved her dogs!!!  It makes me want to do a watercolor of this so that I can see it with my heart mind and soul!
 My dad and my two grandfathers with me - the oldest of our huge wonderful family!  Thanks dad for LIFE!
 My parents' 50th which was 20 years ago now!  Wow!
 50th anniversary!
 Wedding - August 30th, 1949
 Posing with the combine about 20 years ago when my brother got married nearbye. 

The farmers are in the field!  Pat reports that they are putting corn in the ground!  Prayers for safety and good weather for the farmers! 
 Dad in Taylors Falls with one of those dogs now making mom happy - Barney!
 My dad 20 years ago...
My dad about 6 months ago... hardly changed a bit!
 I miss you mom! 
 Another dog that is bouncing around heaven with my mom - Sugar Bear!
 Dad with me at my college graduation from nursing at College of St Catherine in 1974
 Another dog - rent a dog/Cody on the Inland Sea - Lake Michigan!
 Reverend Robert Cross in his early ministry.
 Deacon Robert Cross officiating the Sacrament of Matrimony to Ruth and Paul in 2003. 
 Sugar bear in Michigan with the 13! 
Dad with my sister, Marty, who is 14 months behind me... #2

I should get a nap while dad is resting as he is a very early riser... today 4a and then 6a without a lot of rest in between... Lord, may I die to self so that you may live in me and use me to your honor and glory that I may give without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
He Lives indeed!  Hallelujah!!!  Bless-bless, Barb
So many prayers lifted John up to find his Faith through brain cancer!
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
Danielle Rose - True Love - the Cross


No comments:

Post a Comment