I had a very special surprise on my email yesterday - A Sunday Gift! With the pandemic I have shared that we were able to see our Hallel and her Community of the Lamb on Zoom. We received messages from them on email, so that was a huge thing for me. I now send messages complete with pictures of our family doings. I try not to go overboard, but if you know me - even my holding back is still a flood!
Hallel called us this spring with some questions about the chicken palace that they were building for them to have chickens... she tried to call her dad and Ruth first, and since they didn't pick up she broke down and called me. It is true that they are much more knowledgeable than me.
Now months later it is beautifully completed and now complete with wonderful rainbow chickens that Pat studied quite a bit from the picture collage she sent me. Her question was if they should make the top closed or open, and it looks like they made sweet little doors that can offer both for hot and cold weather. We have been hearing that KC is super hot and humid right now- the armpit of the country!
Their superior and our dear friend, little Sister Judith, seems pleased to have eggs now.
It was tricky for me to get these pictures - but for me that is what gives me joy and to have these wonderful insights into their life 7 hours away in the heart of our country- LOVE! That might be Hallel peeking around the door. She grew up with chickens some summers and helping butcher them. The egg layers were what Pat grew up with and now Ruth has started bringing them into our lives.
Ruth will soon have about a dozen eggs a day plus 4 duck eggs... with 8 mouths to feed she just might keep up!
Chickens in Marshall, MN with oldest daughter, Ruth. She also is responsible for the 3 chickens I have here and give me 3 eggs most days. I manage to keep up with those...
What a cute mixture they have in KC. That little one will also have a small egg, but evened out with the others - they should have plenty to use on a daily basis.
An egg to pick in the laying basket.
Joy out with my chickens... I guess we are all sharing in the chicken experience!
A cute picture from KC of their new garden shed by a some families of the workers... I would guess! How I wish we could still be a weekly part of their lives through Nancy and Bill living there. Not to be any more, so...
The new garden shed and lush garden.
The collage shared with me on email yesterday from Hallel shows the joy they are having with their new pet chickens providing food for them and the neighborhood!
Much smiles and excitement - it makes me wonder if Hallel is taking the pictures as she is not in them. That would also be appropriate as she took photography in 4H as did most of my kids winning and going to the State Fair. I guess my picture obsession had some benefits for my offspring!
Dad and I did our marathon family prayer this day - as Monday is the day he names most all of our 140+ by first and middle name! Combined with the morning prayer - we are at prayer doing the work for well over an hour! Dad then asked me about mother's final hours - as I arrived at her death bed about 3 hours from when she peacefully died. Dad did not arrive until her final hour.
7 years ago - year old Rose again with her beautiful mother, Ruth Ida.. How I am mourning my loss of Michigan family weeks on the wonderful Inland Sea - Lake Michigan!
Dad and I had just shared the Gospel - the Matthew version of the bringing back to life the little girl and the woman with the bleeding for 12 years coming up behind him and touching the tassel of his cloak and being healed!
I was sharing with dad that when I would try to touch mother to comfort her - she wanted nothing to be touching her or no one. She did not want to be touched! She did not want to hear talking or crying, yet she begged me to help her as she was struggling to breath and in so much pain. I asked for her to be made comfortable and when she was we could then hold her hand, pray with her and talk to her, also my siblings could call in and say their tearful goodbyes! She did not want to be touched but she reached out to touch our Lord! He then took her to himself in heaven forever!
It is a busy day here with social worker and nurse coming to see dad, so I will end this today...
Jesus, how we love you and reach out to touch you as we struggle down the narrow path to heaven forever with you! May we find peace this day and I am so grateful to be able to share in the life of my nun... such a gift truly! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
St Maria Goretti today! My kids used to ask for her story over and over when we would share the lives of the Saints as a family before bed. Why that one? Such a powerful story of purity and faith and forgiveness. Bless-bless, Barbara
6 years ago with Patrick and Maria on the big Lake!
Our prayer begonia is thankful for the rain we are getting today!
Birdie Barbara - my first namesake last week! So precious is our 19 grandchildren!
Oh my!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment