Friday, January 15, 2021

"Adding you makes it perfect!" to Hallel in France/Bringing our friends to Christ/Fun on the heavenly lawn


This is on my wall less than a week since it was taken after mass on The Feast of the Baptism of Christ on Sunday!  Hallel has now joined us to make it complete.  

Yes, it is less than professional, but I LOVE it so much!  I have learned that rather than on the altar I prefer to have the tabernacle in the midst of us as well as the Crucifix overhead.  I love that our beautiful church is all around us and as a friend said - "Your family is filling The Church!"  Yes!  My greatest Joy is sharing our faith as a family and last Sunday we all gathered and shared 8a mass together only missing our Hallel, who was united with us in The Eucharist!  


Danielle Rose explains how we are united in the Eucharist and also sings her song...

It is no secret that pictures have such a huge part in my life and so it will not be a surprise that I have added pictures from Christmas and this last weekend when we celebrated our first ever Verly Christmas Camp here on the farm!  This is my family wall and each mealtime I love to know that we are united in our love of Faith/Family/Farm!
Just yesterday I added the picture I took of Maria's family on Wednesday just as they were leaving to catch their plane in the Cities and return to Washington.  John's was taken recently for Christmas.

Birdie is now 9 months old and changing quickly... I will probably have to change their family picture in a few months to capture our littlest grandchild.  Another reason for some family photos...
The Holy Family came to me from my parents home which has now been dispersed amongst us 10 children.  I am still coming to grips of their both being gone in this last year!

I am distracted today by these fond memories of times with my parents in their home together in St Croix Falls, WI!  Pat encouraged me to spend days with them regularly after we had lost his mother, who had been on hospice for 2 years.  This was July 2018 between John and Bobbi's wedding and Hallel's final vows in France.
Sitting and praying together in their chairs - yes, mom's ankle is swollen - she fell and hurt it making it not possible for them to come for John's wedding last minute.
Mom still making meals in the kitchen which ended a year later...
Love this domestic picture of their daily life I enjoyed sharing with them... praying with dad, and visiting with my mother, and sharing in meals and Dr Pol on TV.
Leaving daily mass with them.  St s in Taylors Falls across the river.  We managed to get both of them a mass of Christian burial in the midst of Covid this last year!  
Oh yes, naps were shared in their chairs... notice their 2 canes against the wall.  I now have mother's chair and it feels like a warm hug when I sit in it.  How I love to have that!
Now for this very special memory from spending a summer afternoon on the front lawn at my brother's home just up the hill from my parents!  
Bee Balm with chicken...
How I am longing for this time now.  I just wrote my sister in law, Angela, that it is shocking to think that we will not have this joyful afternoon drinking her wonderful black berry beverages and loving how the joys of life...

 her answer was a good reminder to me as she is now going through the after effects of chemo.  "Well, when we were out having fun on the heavenly lawn, we knew life wouldn't be like that every day, that's why we were so thankful for it.  Suffering is part of all this temporariness, thank God!"
It does remind me that I must keep my eyes on heaven to once again sit on the heavenly lawn with my two wonderful parents!  There are many there now, whom I long to be united with including my 7 children and 6 grandchildren, my sister Mary and brother Lincoln.  My communion of Saints with my wonderful Mary, the Mother of God and my spiritual mother there to hold me close to her Immaculate heart!
Can't get enough of this heavenly memory!
Dad working at his desk in their home.  When he came here - I found him a desk which he spent some time working on his finances before he turned them over to my brother, Dan.  I do now see the gradual signs of his declining.  It still seems to have been too fast and I miss him a ton.
The sun shining in their home of Faith shared for Jesus and his Mother and The Church!  I was so fascinated that my mother loved this painting of the Trinity and made her copy of it.  It is the same icon that is behind the altar of The Community of the Lamb!  United in our Faith journey is a beautiful LIGHT shining in our innermost temples filled with The Holy Spirit!


Winter has returned but hubby still thinks that we will be able to get to KC and back starting tomorrow morning.  His goal is to get "all the cattle comfortably bedded."  Lots of work ahead once this wind dies down.
It was brown a day ago.. now some inches of the white stuff.

The Gospel from Mark 2 today is such a beauty!  The friends that lower a paralytic through the roof to be healed by Jesus!  This was a shining Truth for us as we battled John's brain cancer 11 years ago as his prayer warrior/friends lowered him in front of Jesus!  It is such a powerful reminder that we must return that for others in prayer and word and deed!

Always in our hearts with the storm outside.  They now know how to pray for us more perfectly from heaven together.  All those blessings from them each morning in their prayer books!  I am lifted up and carry that forth sharing it here and with my brother, Dan!

From Sirach in Office of Readings today - Yes, dad, He is all in all!
Such a reminder of how we are return the unconditional LOVE and forgiveness we are given to all those around us - most especially those the closest to us in our domestic Church/family!
"Wounded, I will never cease to love." A good reminder from our Community of the Lamb and our nun, Little Sister Hallel!  Also from Maria and Pat's mom - when you are irritated or hurt or any other disturbance in your day - Offer it up!



 Added Hallel to the picture on my wall to make it perfect and my heart soars to the highest heavens!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

A few pictures from our VCC to make me smile!  Our traditional family brunch after mass on Sunday with lots of rolls, fruit and yogurt parfait.
I sat at at table of boys and got an education about Avengers and their lives.
Face painting time - Pat showed me that he is a good sport, and will be a clown so that the grandkids will laugh.
3 year old Joy showing her sweetness to the world.  Bless-bless, Barbara








Love all of Danielle's music!


Zach Williams



No comments:

Post a Comment