






We are off to our Godson, Danny's, first communion... How very exciting and life changing for him. My first communion was when I was 20 years old at Christmas eve midnight mass at the Cenacle in Wayzata,Mn. At that time my 10 brothers and sisters and both parents also received Jesus....body, blood, soul and divinty at the same time. I was forever changed and had a deep hunger for my Lord on all levels of my life and continue to to this day! I pray for Danny and my other 4 Godchildren every day and have even added another extra decade of the rosary for each of them each day... a few months ago... my sister was sharing with me a huge change for the better in her daughter's life.. who happens to be my oldest Goddaughter... I was overjoyed to hear the news as I had about 6 months before that started taking very seriously praying for my God children by doing this special prayer for them every day! I could see the answer to my prayers!
With the time limitation today - I think that Blessed Teresa of Calcutta addresses "Love one another" as no one else can:
"The less we have, the
more we give. Seems absurd,
but it's the logic of love"....
True love causes pain.
Jesus, in order to give us the proof of his
love, died on the cross.
A mother in order to give birth to her baby,
has to suffer.
If you really love one another, you will not
be able to avoid making sacrifices.
The poor do not need our condescending
attitude or our pity. They only need our love
and our tenderness.
To me, Jesus is the Life I want to live, the
Light I want to reflect, the Way to the Father,
The Love I want to express, The Joy I want to
share, the Peace I want to sow around me.
Jesus is everything to me.
If faith is scarce, it is because there is too
much selfishness in the world, too much
egoism. Faith, in order to be authentic, has to
be generous and giving.
Love and faith go hand in hand...
God has created us so we do small things
with great love, I believe in that great love.
that comes, or should come from our heart,
should start at home: with my family, my
neighbors acorss the street, those right next
door. and this love should then reach
everyone."
Jesus we love you with all that is within us to give - May the wellspring of your love come into us through your amazing sacraments given to us to give us the source of love to carry forth into our lives and to all those around us - especially to those closest to us - Our families! Jesus we trust in You! Amen and Halleluia! Bless-bless, Barb
Some pictures taken having fun with the grandkids with lilacs and baby kitties... so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment