


Happy Feast day to all Josephs today including my son in law and his son... St Joseph is also my husband, Pat's, patron saint! So a big day of celebration and as Father Paul said a mass today; " It is a big day of celebration of work, that I am sure will be happening in many places." I found that an interesting idea... I myself struggle a bit with work I must admit. I am not a very willing worker as I see some around me that are truly devoted and seem to love to serve and to work! I am deeply humbled by those people and they convict me to be better at it and just more willing to put myself in those "jobs" that need to be done. Help me Lord!
I found it quite powerful to find myself in the confessional with Father this morning... I had recently asked him to write a reference for me for a job I applied at at a nursing home in the area... I had also gotten the job, but not too many hours to start with. I was able to tell Fr that I had gotten the job and that it is a bit intimidating for me in that it will be big days on my feet and I am for the most part not really used to that ( maybe days when i am canning all day). It was also special for me to share this with Fr as he is the hardest worker of most people that I know. He does it all and seems to thrive from rolling up his sleeves and pitching in wherever needed. Such a powerful lesson to me, and I asked him to pray for me on this new venture in my life.... I have told people that the way this all happened and the doors opened for me to get this job... it is like subconsciously I am trying to say to myself that I am done with cancer! I want to fill my life up with other things... no more cancer with my 21 year old son! That chapter is done!
There was one part of the glorious mystery rosary that we shared after mass that really is rolling around in my head and heart... It was the final mystery - Mary is crowned Queen of heaven and earth! It was speaking about how there is no doubt that Mary is both our Spiritual Mother and the Mother of God, but that she is also our Queen... in that she leads all the believing and the saints in battle against all that attacks us in this world! I love to picture that especially after what we have encountered over the last year.... I recently read an article by a woman that had just returned to the Church when her daughter received her first communion... she spoke of when she was in Catholic school and had had St Joan or Arc for her patron saint and was so thrilled to be able to dress in armor and sword where the other girls... only got to wear long boring dresses. It is pretty cool to think of Mary dressed for battle and leading us forward with courage and determination! I have never really pictured her that way, but she is the reason for our salvation coming into the world and conquering sin and death... so she certainly has the weapons and the armor to win the fight along with an army of saints at her side and her Son is leading them all forward! Onward Christian Soldiers!
Jesus so much today to give us the courage and strength to go forward. Both of your parents were chosen for you to be born and raised in the wonderful "domestic Church" that they provided for you to grow in for those 33 years! WE look to both of them standing with you in glory today... May they help us as we strive to be good workers and good families... Jesus, Mary and Joseph pray for us! May we be families that are made in the image of your wonderful holy family. Amen and Halleluia! Bless-bless, Barb
The lilacs and apple blossoms are blooming even in the chilly wind that is blowing them around today... I came across some special ones of newborn Mary and her mom and family when she was just a few weeks old... enjoy...
No comments:
Post a Comment