





A slight bit of rain overnight gave Pat a bit of a break in the planting... We have much going on within our family these last few days and many moments lifting them and their needs up to the Lord along with phone calls to update us minute by minute. My 21 year old son, John, who has been on a brain cancer journey for 10 months now, and I ended up going in to checked for pneumonia yesterday and both had questionable xrays and now are on antibiotics... so a warning that being a bit under the weather might be affecting me today... lack of sleep due to the prednisone given me to open the airways also... Bumber! Our daughter, Nancy, both set her wedding date to happen 4 months from tomorrow and also bought a house yesterday! Our daughter Maria's husband is signing the dotted line for the army this morning after a job here in Marshall didn't happen for them. We trust that the Lord is openning and closing the right doors for them. So many things going on not to mention the safety of our farmers as they put the crop in for the year.
I was out mowing in a sunny warm and minimal wind window that we had last evening... at the same time Ed, my brother in law, was planting the field around our house. I watched him put the planter in place and take off down the field right in front of our house and the dogs too were interested... as if they could sense that an important thing was happening... the annual putting the seeds in the black soil and trusting that the elements will cooperate with some minimal help from Pat and Ed to keep the weeds at bay. The two dogs and I watched Ed as he did the headlands of the field and seemed to sigh a sigh of relief that another crop was safely in the ground... there was a beauty and a peace about it in the midst of the hectec pace that Pat and his brother follow to put the crop in and to tend to it and to harvest it with a lot of prayers throughout for all the other things that are out of our control like rain and hail and....
I know that my father has a profound faith in his life and answer to the call to ministry both as a Protestant minister then to the Catholic Church as a Deacon... when he flew to Alabama and was on the show Journey Home on EWTN a few years ago... It remember him mentioning this verse from scripture in John..." I am the Way the Truth and the Life." as being profoundly fundamental in his spiritual journey. John and I have a plan to watch the show today as I bought many copies for each of my kids and for myself... It is a powerful witness to the roots of their own faith and their own spiritual journies! John somehow has never seen it... so we are going to do that today as part of our "sick day" together! I would know better what to say here as this pertains to my dad, but I did want to share some beautiful words from St John Chrysostom who died in 407 - he was a famed preacher and commentator on Scripture. Think of his words here as Jesus explaining to us what he meant when he said those words to Peter and the disciples.
"I am the Truth, then nothing is false on my part, and, if I am also the Life, not even death itself will be able to prevent you from coming to me. Besides, if I am the Way, you will not be in want of a guide; and if I am the Truth, there is nothing false in what I have said; and if I am the Life, even though you die you will receive the fullfillment of my words"... they took great comfort in the idea of "the Way". He meant: "Well,then, if I am in control of bringing men to the Father, you will come there, without a doubt."
Thank you Lord for the wisdom of your Church and your saints that allow us to dig deeper into your words. There is so much for us to learn and grow in our knowledge and love for you and we thank and praise you for all those that are everywhere we turn and look to take us deeper in our faith and knowledge of the Truth! You have the words of everlasting life! Jesus we trust in You! Amen and Halleluia! Bless-bless, Barb
I thought today's pictures needed a little livening up... I am adding one taken probably around 1993 of the 5 kids out for a 4 H photo shoot in "farm costumes"... Ruth is flipping her hair and John looks in pain... but it is a crazy keepsake of a wonderful family adventure getting those prize winning photos taken for the fair! WE did love our photography!
No comments:
Post a Comment