








I have a 22month old grandson on my lap so we will see how this goes... It has been my first chance to get to a computer, so I will give it an attempt. I might have to come back to it later.... I am here at my daughter's place so that she can go and do the physical work that I am not able to do this week.... they are sorting cows and getting ready to breed them for next year, so we all find the jobs we can do to work towards the whole job... team work it is called. Pat even has his sister coming out today... You never get the farm totally out of your blood, and the idea of helping out is a common thread throughout their lives as they worked as a family on the farm. It is a very real way to learn a work ethic as well as a giving and serving attitude. One great thing that John and Pat are noticing as they work together outside this spring is that John has regained a lot of his ability that he lost after the brain surgery to diagnose his cancer last July... the ataxia on his left side is much better! I kidded John at breakfast that I am going to tell his Dr Brian ONeal that he should have John run down the halls at Mayo. He has had John walk over the months and I think that he will be thrilled and have a huge grin on his face when he sees how John can run now!
It was a very special time at breakfast this morning when the three of us shared morning prayer! The first line of scripture this morning ;"Now is the time of judgement of the world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out."(Jn12:31) John asked me who this could mean and my answer, "Satan is the one who rules over the 'world'". So much protection surrounds us as we turn our lives and start our days with shared prayers... Granddaughter Mary is now up, so I should return to this later...
Back from a very scarey adventure with the 3 grandkids - after Simon (5) got off the bus from preschool... the 4 of us, Simon, Mary, David and Grandma walked down the very muddy path to the pasture behind their house... it was a great grand adventure that ended with the swollen creek flowing high and fast after an inch and a half of rain over the last day... The kids started having great fun throwing branches and then dandylions into the creek and watching them travel rapidly in the current down the creek... Little David would squeal in delight with each throw and to watch his dandylion ships go sailing! ONe he was throwing with all of his might and the next thing we all know... he is diving head first into the cold water! The current is taking him and grandma dives in to grab him and to bring him up coughing out of the water... the older two were so great to come into the water to help Davey so that grandma could get to her feet. Then the long cold walk to the house with little Davey crying all the way... once again I was so impressed how the older ones helped out and held the fence up for us to get under it... We finally got to the house and got Davey and the other two out of their wet clothes.... wrapped Davey in a towel and then his soft specail blanket as he shivered and looked at me like I had betrayed him, by letting him fall in! I put him in a warm tub with bubbles and slowly I could see the happy light return to his eyes and a loving smile for grandma once again! So many times I said to him; "I love you so much Davey... grandma is so sorry." Now he is playing happily with a warm winter jammy on and acts as though it never happened... but as he was putting his jammy on after his bath...he was telling me with his own sign language that he had fallen into that cold water and been under there... cold and scared! It was great to see him swimming in the bubbles in the bathtub just so soon after he had been in the rushing water of the creek. Life is a precious gift and we are deeply responsible for protecting it! Guardian angels thank you for being wih me and the kids today! I am sitting here in wet clothes but that is minor!
Jesus we need you to help us through life... there are challanges and sudden occurances that we cannot be aware of... Jesus we trust in You! Bless-bless, BArb
I am writing today from Ruth and Paul's house so am adding some of my old pictures that are mostly of Simon when he was small...
No comments:
Post a Comment