I had super fun today putting all of us around Susan/Hallel on her birthday... I chose the day that she took her vows... at the feast we had afterwards with the "cake" that had been made out of candy. It gives me so much JOY today to see us with our beloved Hallel! I just got a call from John, and reminded him today that it was her birthday..."I am at Nancy's and we just got home from mass, so we are going to call France and try to talk to her."
It is so wonderful to see Hallel in her environment of her new Family... with the Community of the Lamb! We see her joy and her contentment, answering her call to be the Bride of her loving Savior, Jesus Christ! WE rejoice with her, and find a deeper walk of our own faith... in giving her the freedom and the blessing to follow that call wherever it may lead her. Her life is certainly one filled with much travel, and yet time on her knees in front of her Lord daily in the chapel for mass, adoration, and in morning and evening prayer! A life of deep contemplation, and study, and worship... yet one of humble begging from door to door in poor areas of the world... representing Christ knocking on the door!
The time with her was a gift to all of us!
How she loves Him in His Word and Eucharist, and in His face... seen in those around her, and that she meets on her "missions!" Our love for Him in these ways has grown from our sharing in her life and her call! The Hallel Psalm from mass today... Psalm 145
"Every day I will bless you,
and I will praise your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord and highly to be praised;
his greatness is unsearchable.
The Lord is near to all who call upon him.
The Lord is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger and of great kindness.
The Lord is good to all
and compassionate toward all his works.
The Lord is near to all who call upon him.
The Lord is just in all his ways
and holy in all his works.
The Lord is near to all who call upon him,
to all who call upon him in truth."
So we rejoice today - the day that I gave birth to our 4th daughter 26 years ago! Her sisters surrounded her with love then and now we do from afar today! Nancy made with great excitement and joy - these crowns for herself and her sisters... they are all "princesses" of our Lord... the other 3 called to embrace their Most Cherished Cross in marriage, and Hallel in her spouse, Jesus Christ! How we are blessed and marvel at His Mercy and Love for them, and for our "domestic Church"... our Family!
Loving Savior, Jesus Christ, thank you for all the blessings you have showered upon us with our children that we are blessed with here on earth, and those that are praying for us in heaven - we need those prayers, and depend on them to keep us on the straight and narrow! Bless our dear little sister Hallel today, with all those graces that will help her on her journey. Give her a special year ahead, as she follows your call wherever it may lead - the U.S. would be great, Lord... Thank you for our time with her and the Community, and all that they teach us about the True meaning of LOVE! "Wounded, I will not cease to love." The message of "The Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world!" Jesus, we trust in you! Amen and Halleluia
"Think of little children at the moment of their baptism. They each receive the same baptism. Their state is the same, it is purely a state of waiting. But with the awakening of moral consciousness, when God knocks at the door of their soul, inequalities begin to appear. St Therese of Lisieux, for example, began with a grace much superior to that of other small children. There must be every sort of thing in God's garden, not only all the different flowers but grass, too, and pebbles in the paths. And, after all,it is a fine thing to be only a pebble in the paths of Paradise."
Cardinal Journet (1975)
I know that I am a pebble... and I rejoice in that I can be so imperfect, and know the graces and love of Christ in my poor and pathetic state! Jesus, I trust in you!
“The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”
― St. Thérèse de Lisieux “For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.”
― St. Thérèse de Lisieux
Mom, Barb,with her precious 4th daughter, Susan Angela!
With Godmother, Mary, shortly before she died of cancer... she was Godmother for both Nancy and Susan... so they are getting special prayers from heaven, and I know that Susan/Hallel is getting a shower today!Those cherished memories are filling me to overflowing today. I will stop here, but my heart, mind and spirit will go on and on and on and on!










No comments:
Post a Comment