Saturday, August 25, 2012

Beyond Everyday Angelic Unearthly Triune Yearning-for-LOVE! - BEAUTY

I attempted to make an acronym from the word BEAUTY... using the letters to make a thought to express the way I feel about the pictures I try to capture in Church.  I find the Catholic Church to be the most beautiful place on this earth!  I love the stain glass, the statues, the amazing lighting as the LIGHT cascades in the widows and doors, the gold of the tabernacle... there is no end to the unearthly angelic feeling that overtakes me as I spend the best time of my week there!  Lately it has become part of each day, as I attend daily mass each morning with my 23 year old son, John.  He will be entering the seminary in a week, to start a process of considering the priesthood.  After surviving brain cancer 3 years ago, and being now 2 1/2 years cancer free... he wants to discover the answer to - "Why was I spared?"  Now I spend the best part of each day at mass with my son!  This picture was taken in St Paul at Nativity Church.  I spent many hours in this perpetual Eucharistic chapel 3 years ago, and now with a son-in-law in Alfghanistan and in danger - I wanted to return to pray!  It was early, and mass has just ended, a group of women were in there saying the rosary together with the door open.  Jesus was on the altar in the monstrance of gold, and I could see HIM through the door.  The resulting photo is so beautiful in its color and content and the glow of the LIGHT of this world on the altar - there to answer all our needs!  We realize our weakness and that He is in control!  The icon over the altar of Mary holding her Son, Jesus... he has his hand around her neck and is kissing her chin with all the love he has for Mary - the gateway of all LIFE and LOVE into the world! 
I noticed that people put more pictures on last week, so I just wanted to add this one of daughter, Nancy, and her little 15 month old, Augustine, walking down the aisle of beautiful Nativity! 

Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb



div align="center">Small Things with Love

1 comment:

  1. I love you mom. thanks for linking up, and thanks for loving me.

    I am putting up the next link-party tonight. The theme is SUMMER.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete