Thursday, August 23, 2012

John entering the Seminary in a week!!!!

John just called me from St Paul Seminary and he said that he is in!  We have not had official word yet, so we were keeping it to sharing only one on one and a small mention in my blog here and there.  I got out his collar and surplice to take a photo shoot the other day so that I could share with picture... that is very big with me as you all are aware of after all this time!  I just poured out the story and my heart on John's caringbridge site - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnverly/journal  But I now share here on my blog, so I feel that I need to make an official announcement here!  John is going into the seminary!!!!  Pat just said that I sounded too happy - "You sound like you want to go there."  No, I have just been praying for this for so long, and I am still in shock that it has all happened so quickly!  John had written a 12 page paper for this about his spiritual journey, and he said that they were all very touched by it!  It is quite powerfully amazing, and it is what John has to do to discover the part of the answer to the question he has asked over and over in the last over 2 years - "Why did God spare me?"
John would be the first to tell you that it took brain cancer to allow him to know the Love of Christ for him, and now that he has been healed he is wanting to know why.  So we are just falling on our knees and continuing to ask for direction and so amazed at how the doors have just flown open for him in such a short time to be accepted and going into major Seminary!  It will be a long journey ahead with lots of studies, which is not one of John's favorite things to do, but with prayer he will discover the anwer to his question! 

Lord, I am overwhelmed as once again we feel your fingerprint upon us... we are yours and there is no doubt that you are showing us your path.  You have told us that if we knock the door will be opened to us, and it truly has!  Jesus, we continue to TRUST in you.  Amen and Halleluia

Bless-bless, Barb
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matt 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment