This picture was chosen by Pat as my best one when he looked over the ones I was going to enter in open class at the fair! I did get a first place with it, and I have to say that it is a delight for me to look at! We call this place beautiful beach and it is also where I took the award winning picture of John and Ruth and my parents' dog, Cody, about 10 years ago. I won a hospice award as I wrote about how we will all walk into the sunset of our lives. As this happens there is so much satisfaction as a hospice nurse to help the family allow their loved one to walk into the sunset with comfort and all needs met. It was kind of special to use this picture today for a woman, Theresa. I had been the hospice nurse for her husband about 6 years ago, so it just seemed right to use this today on her card. The 30th psalm was also very appropriate as it said..."You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have stripped off my sackcloth and wrapped me in gladness; and now my heart, silent no longer, will play you music; Yahweh, my God, I will praise you forever." Psalm 30:11-12
It just seemed appropriate knowing the reunion of Theresa with her husband and that her mourning would be turned into dancing. They shared that she would be dancing and playing cards in heaven, and Joe will be her partner! The Joy is found knowing of her release from pain and reunited with her husband!

No comments:
Post a Comment