I am in the midst of preparing for a retreat, in which I will be assisting the priest as his assistant and giving a talk called the Paschal Mystery. I find myself seeing my weaknesses, and really (when I am alone in a car or whatever) berating myself for being such a bad person/nurse/wife/mother - on and on! I feel bad!!! Yet, is this not what the Lord is asking of us - give up ourselves, and allow HIM to enter in and work in our lives? Yes, I also find myself making excuses for my behavior, and one part of me hopes that I get called out on the carpet, and another part of me hopes that what I see as a major wrong is just my imagination, and not truly that bad! It is generally a down place for me, and I am putting it all in the Lord's hands and trusting! I truly do want to give my LIFE to HIM, and be HIS alone. But it really is a small weak mess that I am giving to HIM, and He takes that little weak lost sheep and puts it on His shoulders as a prize possession! Jesus, you blow me away!
"Jesus went around all of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, and curing every disease and illness among the people. His fame spread to all of Syria, and they brought to him all who were sick with various diseases and racked with pain, those who were possessed , lunatics and paralytics, and he cured them. And great crowds... followed HIM." Matt 4 The Gospel for today.
Lord, we can take heart when we get down with our little mess of a life - that is when we turn to YOU, and you heal us, and minister to us. Jesus, we need you! Jesus, we are nothing without YOU! We want to turn away from all the ways that we try to take over our lives, and become our own gods. We truly do want what YOU want for us - knowing that this is the Way, the Truth and the LIFE! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Halleluia
"We have seen his glory, the glory of an only Son coming from the Father, filled with grace and truth." John 1:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO_YUOAA1HU Small Things with Great LOVE by Danielle Rose. "When I am weak you will give me all I need. You haven't called me to be successful - You have called me to be faithful! I can do small things with great LOVE!"
John is back at seminary!! So blessed to have him here with us over Christmas/baptism/morning and evening prayer/meals/help outside/familytime/sacrament and prayer time/LIFE and LOVE! Our constant thoughts and prayers are with you, our son, John!
This article is a delightful insight into John's conversion/healing/call to discern the priesthood -
A great mission going on in Marshall tonight and for the two following - see you all at Holy Redeemer at 6:30p!!!

When I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
ReplyDeleteand from now on every time a comment is added I recieve
4 emails with the exact same comment. Perhaps there is a way you
are able to remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!
my web site :: the diet solution