Yes, I still have my parents! Such role models to me of listening to the Lord in their lives and being open to LIFE! My father now has difficulty with balance and has started to need a walker to get around. It is ironic that the procedure which has given him the gift of hearing after many years of deafness to the point that he was pretty isolated from us and making it very hard on my mom trying to communicate with him from day to day... he had a cochlear implant done and returned to us to share his wisdom and communicate with his family and others again! They had to remove his balance center in the middle of that ear and now has lost a lot of his balance... he will no longer be able to do his yard work that he has loved to work on... a hard loss for him. I am sure, though, that he would not go back and lose his hearing for this.
I have learned that just as the psalm from mass today #69 reminds me - I looked for sympathy, but there was none; for consolers, not one could I find. Rather they put gall in my food, and in my thirst gave me vinegar to drink. Lord, in your great love, answer me. But what if that answer is not what you want to hear? When my husband reminds me that I am being selfish and feeling sorry for myself... it makes me get upset with him and not with me! Rather I should realize that it is true and know that I need to deal with my selfishness and give without counting the cost! Our suffering is nothing compared to what Our Lord faced and took silently as a Lamb led to the slaughter! We can do this! We need to be ready to die for Christ!
Singing the blessing song over my dad...
Today in the Gospel the disciples, including Judas, say to Jesus - Surely it is not I, Lord? when he says that someone will betray him... it strikes me as odd that those other than Judas would be unsure that he was maybe speaking about them. It just shows how we cannot be sure about ourselves when we are faced with temptations and that desire to be selfish and turn our backs on our faith and love of Christ and His Bride, The Church. We are sinful and from one moment to the next may fall into our selfish and sinful ways. Life is definitely an up and down road, but I pray that I can stay on the narrow path and carry/drag my Most Cherished Cross and follow Jesus in my weak and feeble way. Sometimes, I know, that Jesus picks me up and carries me along when I am too weak and lost!
How's this for a sign of aging? We all went together and bought him a lift chair for his 90th birthday!
Jesus, this Holy week is such a reminder of how we need you each moment of each day! We fail over and over and long to do better with the help of The Holy Spirit within us. May we not fall into the trap this day of feeling sorry for ourselves and being selfish with our time or our talents. May we give without counting the cost to those closest to us in our domestic Church/family. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen
Do it all for Jesus - I can do this!
Yes, Lord, I want to know this and not feel sorry for myself!
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love
A mother's song - Danielle Rose - The Crucifixion from the mysteries CD
Jesus certainly did not feel sorry for himself and he had all the reasons in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment