Saturday, June 9, 2018

"Be self possessed in all circumstances; put up with hardship..." 2 Timothy 4

I had three extra special granddaughters overnight and I hardly knew it!  They came late with grandpa from the farm and went to bed and appeared in the morning smiling and sweet as can be!  Evangeline is more than happy to see her sister, who has been living over at Ruth's... helping out where needed and having a fun time indeed! 


The words of St Paul to Timothy today are convicting and a reminder of how I am less than I should be!  Lord, forgive and help me to be better at this..
"But you, be self-possessed in all circumstances;
put up with hardship;
perform the work of an evangelist;
fulfill your ministry."
These two have been my ministry for this last week... I feel myself getting short and impatient... I need to be loving and kind and keep them safe, clean and fed and loved and cared for.  Ruth has had the older 3 for the week, and they are so loving their time with her that they want to stay longer...  The two I have keep asking about their parents and going "home".  Partially their age for sure, but...
Fun in the swimming pool was fun for all while grandma worked on her gardens...
Ruth's beautiful playhouse!


The final words of the Gospel held special meaning for me after the amazing wedding of my only son, John, a week ago to wonderful wife, Bobbi Verly!  "his mother kept all these things in her heart."  Luke 2:51  Reflecting on John - especially the last 11 years - in the light of the prayers of Bobbi and her family for her future husband has really shed a powerful light on his path leading to her in February a year ago when Pat pointed her out to John at mass and encouraged him to get together and catch up after all these years! 
A few weeks ago... now they are married!!! 


I love this from morning prayer today...  "Mary 'kept' the word of God in her heart, both by pondering and by obeying.  She held the Word made flesh, her beloved Son, in her heart as she carried him in her body during her pregnancy, and she allowed his word to transform her life."  See www.magnificat.com


Is this not true of each one of our children as we pray for them and their evolving and growing lives as LIGHTS for the world?  Yes!  John has been especially so to me this last week... reflecting on all I hold in my heart!
Nancy visiting their Maximilian in the cemetery... each of his siblings got a special marker for him!  Frog, butterfly and two crosses.  Romeo went along, too!  He and Dominic are best buddies!  I had some fake plans to go to Washington via KC for the weekend.  But South and East doesn't work when we need to travel 24 hours North and West!


Another pondering that I do and I have 2 daughters that have joined me... are those that we have lost and are longing to meet someday in heaven!  There is room in our hearts for all!!!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Love these!!!  In love with each one!  Never too many!


Jesus, I am weak and need you.  Thank you for filling my heart with so much love and recalling all the ways that you have touched us with your Truth, your Way, and your LIFE!  I am lifted up by your Mother's Immaculate heart... she shows me how to be a better mother and grandmother.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Nothing like wonderful grandpa Pat!
Image may contain: flower and text


Image may contain: text

More from the Gospel

Mary also called herself the Immaculate conception to St Bernadette in Lourdes!


#FeastDay The feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary takes place on the day following the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. This devotion honors Mary's perfect purity of heart in virtue of her Immaculate Conception, and the perfect union of her heart—on fire with love for God and her spiritual children—with the heart of her Son, Jesus. In two passages in the Gospel of Luke we have reference to Mary treasuring and pondering in her heart the sacred events of Jesus' life, which became the foundation of the pious devotion to the Heart of Mary in the Church. In 1944, after consecrating the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pope Pius XII extended this feast to the universal Church.



Image may contain: text

No comments:

Post a Comment