Pat would keep exclaiming what a personality Evangeline has, and we really got in touch with that over our week + together.
Did I mention that the red jacket was sweet and special on her?
After about 24+ hours in 2 days of being in a car with 5 kids from 10 to 1 1/2 and a dog... I wanted to "get out of this tin can!" There were challenges and books of tape that filled our days. We listened to Black Stallion and a Laura Ingles Wilder/Those Golden Years! So good! I was taxed to the point of anger at times and later felt guilt that my grandchildren would now label me as a crabby mean grandma. Questioning Therese if she would like to drop me as a penpal after our trip.. she acted as though she had no idea of why I would think that. I did apologize still and she in all her beauty downplayed my temperamental moments!
Grandpa putting on Vangie's shoes at a stop along the road... it was lush and green everywhere which was contrary to our trip out there last August with the drought and the fires that shrouded everything in smoke... making the beautiful scenery marred by dull smoke everywhere!
A stop along the gravel road in Montana... lush and green!
At a rest stop near the Idaho border as we traveled through the beautiful mountains!
Generally I feel that I am not an angry person, but I have been shown otherwise by different happenings in my life lately. I guess that the Lord isn't telling us that we are not to get angry, but when we do we should not let it fester but be sad about it and make amends!
"Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar,
and there recall that your brother
has anything against you,
leave your gift there at the altar,
go first and be reconciled with your brother,
and then come and offer your gift." Matthew 5:20
Therese showing me the room that has now become the girl's room... 10 year old Therese shares it with baby sister, Evangeline! This shelf is above her bed!!! So much beauty and examples of great faith! LOVE! And how special that she can gaze upon this and ponder the depth of meaning for her life as she asks the Lord to be in charge and show her the path that he has for just her alone!
St Philomena from her mom... she portrayed her last year on All Saints Day!
"The Emperor "fell in love" with the young St. Philomena and, when she refused to be his wife, subjected her to a series of torments: scourging, from whose effects two angels cured her; drowning with an anchor attached to her (two angels cut the rope and raised her to the river bank); being shot with arrows, (on the first occasion her wounds were healed; on the second, the arrows turned aside; and on the third, they returned and killed six of the archers, after which, several of the others became Christians). Finally the Emperor had her decapitated. The story goes that the decapitation occurred on a Friday at three in the afternoon, as with the death of Jesus. The two anchors, three arrows, the palm and the ivy leaf on the tiles found in the tomb were interpreted as symbols of her martyrdom.[6]"
From Wikapedia
Their beds!!! Vangie shows grandma her bed... Now I understand better how close these two girls are to each other literally!
The two in their room just before they took grandma and grandpa to the airport to fly back to the farm. We will see Therese, her parents and David in August in France for Hallel's final vows/wedding. I have a feeling that grandpa will want to take a road trip back there sometime this summer! We are happy to be home and I am glad to have my quiet house back, but we do miss them. They are great kids and it was wonderful to have some special times with them!
Patrick shows grandma his St Patrick from the room he shares with his two brothers... Patrick's namesake and so important to us 5 1/2 years ago when Patrick was born dead and brought back to life!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
Breakfast before we left and talking to Nancy about the big plans for our huge family trip and celebration to France for Susan/Hallel's wedding/final vows! It is all falling into place and becoming very real! From one huge amazing family celebration... John and Bobbi's wedding! To 18 of us heading over to celebrate our nun... Hallel becoming the Bride of Christ with her final vows!
Happy to be home and deep into Legos!
Party after party while they were here... Grooms supper in the shop, then Ruth and Paul invited families for a Teams of Our Lady party, the following night we invited neighbors from a 3 mile radius for a neighborhood party! "Now the shop will get dirty again and be used for our day to day farm life." Pat this morning!
So many curls and so much work done by this wonderful farmer/mother/daughter/nurse/carer for Maria's 3 oldest for a week! Thank you, Ruth Ida Rose!
I thought that our dog, Roger, was gone for good, but he has returned just before we left him for 3 days to get the kids home to their parents!
Jesus, I am weak lowly and far from perfect... help me to forgive others and myself, but also to ask for forgiveness from those that I have attacked verbally and offended. I know that I must find this place of forgiveness in order to let go of the angers that crowd into my heart so that it may receive you without hesitation or blockage. Jesus, may I die to self so that you may live in me! Jesus, I trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
My little side kick kept me busy and I will miss her in many ways! I think she knows her grandparents now, and we certainly have a real appreciation for her personality plus! Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Helping grandpa... She loves him with a devoted heart!
He loves to spoil them! "The reason the kids love him so much is because he lets them do whatever they want, and spoils them!"
Red jacket mud puddle!
Red jacket playing with kitty and brother on porch!



Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.











No comments:
Post a Comment