Thursday, June 28, 2018

"Listen to these words of mine and act on them..." Matthew 7 Projects of LOVE!


Rose tasting the product of our family job/project of picking, cleaning and making strawberry jam.  6 ice cream pails of strawberries became 30 pints of beautiful freezer jam!  Thumbs up!!!


We love to make food for 6 families and with Ruth's 6 we have a crew to get the job done quickly and efficiently! 
Rose with her mom and Mary took the tops off the strawberries and cleaned them... then they went over to the crushing station with Simon and David hard at work, after they got 7 cups they brought them over to me for a 4x batch... to add the pectin and sugar and put the finished jam into jars!


4 1/2 year old Luke took some tops off, and Joy was underfoot and in the action of a family job.  The background music gave Joy some dance moves that made us all smile!  She is good at bringing JOY to our lives!
On our knees picking berries... Simon and Mary picked with Ruth and I.
Joy thinks they are good, too!
6 pails for jam and one for Bobbi and John, who missed out due to work... We had fake plans to do this over the weekend, but went to KC instead.  KC was so special to share with both Hallel and Nancy!
Of the surviving 7 kittens - Blackjack is the favorite.  "Look into his eyes." said Mary, who obviously is loving him!
Ruth's spectacular garden!!!


While we were away for the weekend... the playhouse was moved to the farm and put under the silver maple tree!!!  LOVE!  It is now the home of the kittens until they are big enough to find homes for them in about a month!
Rose loving that the kittens are living safe and sound in her playhouse filled with wonderful ways to play with her imagination and artistic projects!


I am filled with heavy thoughts concerning our country and our world this day!  Pat has been spending time immersed in the debate of the liberals and the conservatives about our president and the new development of possibly getting a conservative majority in the Supreme Court and maybe doing away with the horror of Roe vs Wade!  How did our world ever come to accept the taking of innocent human life?  I am sick at it all!!!
Rose with the special one... Blackjack.  They saved him from the mouth of the dog shortly after this was taken.  One of his nine lives gone for sure!  As much as they love this kitten... there is no comparison to human life!


The Word is filled with much that tells us of how God values each life from conception to natural death!  I think of Psalm 139, and The Visitation where the two in the womb... St John the Baptist, who is about 6 months in the womb recognizes his Savior, who is in his first trimester and jumps for JOY at He whom is bringing newness of LIFE into the world!


Psalm 139
13 For it was you who formed my inward parts;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
    Wonderful are your works;
that I know very well.
15     My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes beheld my unformed substance.
In your book were written
    all the days that were formed for me,
    when none of them as yet existed.
17 How weighty to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 I try to count them—they are more than the sand;
    I come to the end[a]—I am still with you.
Trusting kitten laid calmly on his back in her hands... Rose had written the names of the cats and kittens on her black  board!
Image may contain: drawing
This image!!!  I am so moved and saddened by it!  How can a mother do this to her child?  The bond is there and the LOVE is of God for that LIFE in her womb!  Yes, we are called to give of ourselves in order to nurture and care for them and share our Faith with them with JOY! 


Karrisa Collins writes:
"Joking aside...
Children are a blessing. We say it but don't speak it. I am guilty of this as well.
I scroll through Facebook and see people joking about being pregnant and joking about not being pregnant. The newest joke is who can make it through the summer without getting pregnant. When I go places, my life seems to be a joke to many. A joke about not owning a television or having anything better to do.
But God taught me a few years ago that life is not to be taken lightly. It is sacred. It is only given by God. It is a serious matter. It is a big deal.
When and why did we start taking life into our own hands?
The other day I was at the store standing in line at the cash register. The sweet cashier congratulated me on my 7th baby. The woman checking out turned to me and said, "Oh hunny, you need to put an aspirin between those legs!"
I have to say I have never had this personally said to me. I was pretty shocked. It was supposed to be funny, but why? Why is it common humor to joke about not wanting more children?
I understand children are hard. They make us sacrifice dreams and desires we had planned out. But I have never met a family that said they wished they never had their last child. Every single child has been a blessing. Every parent says that they can't imagine life without every single child.
So why is it that we joke so much about having or not having children?
Everywhere I turn, I am discouraged from trusting God and having more children. I feel for the many women that just started on this path and have to face the daily persecution of trusting God. Everywhere we turn, pregnancy is made a joke and looked down on.
When I read the Bible, all I hear is encouragement to continue trusting God. I read of people pleading for more children and celebrating life. God's favor is poured out by multiplying families.
So where did we go wrong? Why is life no longer celebrated? Why is life now limited when it was once begged for?
I think the first place we need to start is in our words. Are we encouraging people to value life? Are we making inappropriate jokes about someone else's new pregnancy or telling them it is time to stop?
The first step to valuing life is watching what we joke about. "

Karrisa Collins and her beautiful family!
Ruth working on making steps and a garden around her sweet playhouse she made a few years back!
http://familyfarmexperience.blogspot.com/2014/06/diy-how-to-build-you-own-playhouse.html

She has had thousands of visits to this site and well deserved!!!   It is a stunner!  She built is 4 years ago!!  Luke was a newborn and now they have added Joy to enjoy it for years to come!

No longer here, but moved to the farm!!!
Joy is mom's little side kick!  She is 15 months and should be walking soon!!! She loves the outdoors and will get many years of fun from her mom's wonderful playhouse!  Rose helped mom do the hanging basket for 2018 on the farm!
Joy eye to eye with the kittens in their new home!


Lord, may the hearts and minds be opened to the Truth of how precious LIFE is from conception to natural death.  The Rock upon which our domestic Church/home has been built!  Today in the Gospel your words of Truth and LOVE direct us into The Church/your Bride!!!
“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them
will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.
The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock.
And everyone who listens to these words of mine
but does not act on them
will be like a fool who built his house on sand.
The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
And it collapsed and was completely ruined.”
Yes, Lord, we face difficulties in our lives, but we have Faith in your Way, your Truth and your LIFE!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Watching the bean field grow all around them and in the shade of the wonderful silver maple tree with many memories of me with my kids here!  What a gift to have my life back through Ruth and her wonderful "yes" to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Image may contain: sky, cloud, mountain, text, outdoor and nature

St. Irenaeus, pray for us that we may Glorify the Lord by our lives.
Image may contain: text
Dad... look at this!
Go on an Ignatian retreat – at home! A Do-It-At-Home Retreat by Fr. Andre Ravier, S.J., is designed for those who want to make an Ignatian Retreat but are unable to make the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius. Renew your spiritual life with this helpful resource today!
https://bit.ly/2sZbJ6y




No automatic alt text available.


Danielle Rose - Wonderfully made
Image may contain: cloud, sky, text, outdoor, water and nature

















No comments:

Post a Comment