Dark red with brown eyes for both! Romeo is 3 1/2 and Joy is 14 months.
Evangeline where her mommy would swim like a fish for hours, and I would have to drag her out of the water to go home. The big kids were down playing in the river... only one bloodsucker when they got back on Patrick's ankle.
I am getting to know my grandkids quite well... most especially the 2 youngest... Romeo and Evie!
These two are 5 months apart and wanted the same toy.. a manure spreader of all things.
Have I stepped back in time? So familiar... it could be her mom standing there from 34 years ago. Camden looks the same and she looks like mom and Aunties!
Morning prayer with Pat this morning, and I am realizing that John will not be praying with me any more. I find a lot of Joy knowing that Bobbi and John have been praying through the year of their relationship blossoming, and that it will carry into their marriage. It took Pat and I to make a TEC retreat and then work many since to develop a daily prayer life using The Magnificat! John and I tended to share the office on our phones after he had his year in seminary. They are leaps and bounds ahead of our prayer in marriage!
This sweet girl is a joy to have around and did I say that she is constantly on the move? Her long nap in the afternoon is a gift to this old grandma. We are so loving to get to know her budding personality and intelligent mind and quick minding grandma when she gives her directions..."She understands everything we tell her." says grandpa.
A long talk with our Hallel this morning on speaker, so she could hear Evangeline, who is never far from grandma. It was fun to fill Hallel in on our amazing family time and trying to cover the wedding highlights... the Corpus Christi mass complete with incense, wonderful homily by our Father Craig which tied The Eucharist and Marriage - Sacrificial LOVE! He even quoted John 6... "If you eat my Body and drink my Blood you will have eternal LIFE, and if you don't eat my Body and drink my Blood, you will have no life in you." Wow!
First she stepped into grandma's shoes and walked around so cute..
More highlights were, of course, Bobbi sharing her waiting for John and praying him through brain cancer and seminary and girlfriends and this job and that job and worry about dementia and so much more! Listening to the promise to her the John Verly would be her husband and not becoming disheartened at how impossible it looked from time to time and talk about PATIENCE!
Then grandpa's huge shoes... always loved little kids in adult shoes!!! Another one of those special ones that made me giggle and smile.
I must say that mostly I am enjoying my close time, but nap time and bed time are welcome! Therese just arrived to allow me to get out and mow my lawn , and she is taking Vangie out for an adventure so that I can quickly wrap this up for the day.
Josephine and Evangeline and Herbert the cat... hanging out the morning of the wedding. Each little girl is 5 month from the next. So fun!
A little too close. Love the lighting on JoJo's hair... curly like her moms but much lighter color.
now out of the porch with blanket and dogs.. I tried to use my gates to keep them contained but it was only a matter of a minute til they figured out how to open them and bonk each other with tears with it. Sigh!
I love Paul's amazing words in 2 Timothy today!
"So I persevere for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they, too, may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11 Here is a saying that you can rely on: If we have died with him, then we shall live with him.
12 If we persevere, then we shall reign with him."
2 Timothy 2
How true is this? Yes, we are called to die to our selfishness so that the Holy Spirit can work in our lives and we can become his hands and feet!
Always hugs from grandpa when he is around, and he seems to be more these days... those kids are a magnet to his LOVE!
Therese with the 3 little girls and their watercolor aprons! "That was my favorite skirt that she made them out of." Said Hallel today LOVE the connection to her Godmother, who will never wear a pink skirt again!
I told Hallel that her sister's dresses in the wedding were the color of their habits! She didn't sound impressed...
Jesus, thank you for all your blessings... I look forward to mowing time with the "Hail Marys" filling my heart and soul! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Selfie with Evangeline at the rehersal! I think we are similar and that is so fun! Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
"What Christian can doubt
that at the very hour of the Offering,
at the words of the priest,
the Heavens are opened,
the choirs of Angels are present
in that Mystery of Jesus Christ,
the lowest things are knit with the highest,
the earthly things are united with the heavenly,
the visible and the invisible are made one."
St Gregory the Great


LOVE! The Gospel today comes to life!














No comments:
Post a Comment