Friday, September 21, 2018

St Matthew over my shoulder... Matthew brought the sick/sinners to the great healer/physician/Jesus

These two arrived at midnight with their family and have been filling our house with lots of LIFE!  

Pat and I have spent some time at church starting before 6a... I have adopted the time he is at This Man is You to pray in the empty church for Fr Denny/Seven Sisters Apostolate!  He then joins me for mass, and that is a gift indeed!  
Feast of St Matthew today, and I looked over my shoulder to see his painted likeness over the door and over my shoulder.   Something that struck me for the first time today in my reading of the office and office of readings... St Matthew, who was a hate tax collector, brought with him to Jesus those that are sick and sinful as he is!  His conversion and immediate response to the call from Jesus brings with it others that are in need of the healer/physician!
Grandma got to do both of their hair... grandma is just taking it all in and not grabbing her phone this morning, so pictures are not coming.  Grandma is thinking about my dad and brother and the update is that dad might go home today, and Phil is having his angiogram now, my inner chapel is filled with prayers without ceasing! 

The Gospel today is about one of those that wrote the words of Christ for all of us to hold close to our hearts while we follow Jesus carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross and going down the narrow path!  St Matthew!!!  We just had the Gospel of Matthew as the Gospel for many months during ordinary time... I love his Sermon on the Mount!!  When I meditate on the Luminous mysteries/3rd Luminous/The Proclamation of the Kingdom... I look at Matthew 5 and around there - the Sermon on the Mount!
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling
A wonderful memory from 4 years ago... Romeo would be about 6 days old here... on the 15th he was 4 and grandpa was 64!  This was in Fort Leonardwood, MO.

I am missing out on family time, so this will be short today.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.'  Matthew 5

"Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
Go and learn the meaning of the words,
I desire mercy, not sacrifice.
I did not come to call the righteous but sinners."  Matthew 9 from the Gospel today!


No comments:

Post a Comment