
Some SJV seminarians who are studying in Rome had the privilege of meeting with Pope Francis on Monday!
He said, “When people tell me there is a vocations crisis in America, I don’t believe them!” He also encouraged our seminarians to “Keep your sense of humor, pray the rosary, and stay close to the Madonna.”
Our TEC friend, Transistional Deacon Shawn Polman, was among this group that met Pope Francis a few days ago in Rome. Yes, keep your sense of humor is a wise message to you and I! How we need to not take life so seriously especially with those the closest to us! Laughing together over the bumps in the road lead to a healthier and happier time together.
Hallel meeting Hector this summer... I have been having some desert days with no photos to share which is a sacrifice for me. I am using from my great library of thousands of photos to write briefly here today. I am soon to go on the road with hubby to look at a bull about an hour away.
The Gospel today
A leper came to him and kneeling down begged him and said,
“If you wish, you can make me clean.”
Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand,
touched the leper, and said to him,
“I do will it. Be made clean.”
The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean.
Mark 1:40
I am pondering the leprosy I have under the surface and not visible to the world other than my own sense of being unclean. In many ways it is a blessing to those that show their disease on the surface as they are forced to deal with it. We fool ourselves to think that those sins and weaknesses hiding in the dark and under the surface are not seen... Jesus sees ALL!
Making food and giving Hector a cooking lesson.
Why try to hide it and let it fester and turn into a full blown infection in our hearts, minds and souls? Allowing this to interfere with our following Jesus with our all? Our wonderful Church in her Wisdom down the ages from Jesus reaching out in compassion healing the leper today... He touches us in the confessional and says the same words - "I do will it. Be made clean." "Go in peace, your sins are forgiven."
Evie helping wipe dishes - it gives me much joy to see the grandkids meeting our family of the Lamb and joining with them in shared prayer and dishes!
There is a beauty and power of healing found in frequent confession/reconciliation! St JPII would go every week to reconciliation, and I can only imagine how he dug into those dark under the surface areas of leprosy/uncleaness to clean them out with such an open transparent sharing with Jesus of his faults and weaknesses. The strength of his witnessing to the world of the True Faith springing from his laying his all at the feet of Jesus in the Confessional!
The dish towel also was wiping the floor at the same time it was wiping the spoon!
The final words from the Gospel today...
He remained outside in deserted places,
and people kept coming to him from everywhere.
There are many places in myself that are deserted places where I don't want to deal with a sin, or just plain hide it from sight and am I getting away with anything really? No! I need to join those that are coming humbly and weakly and crying out in need of His healing and LIGHT to cast out the darkness of sin and death! Is there any better feeling than when we leave those sins and burdens at the foot of the Cross in the Confessional? Why put it off or hide them from others and ourselves?
The Prodigal Son is embraced by his Father!
Forgiven by Jesus speaking through the priests.
Gathered around my dad at CCC! He brought us against the tide leaving The Church after Vatican 2. Every day since has been a precious gift! Jesus and His Bride, The Church with all the Sacraments, Saints, Mary the Mother of God, her rosary prayer which is truly holding onto the hand of our Mother as she leads us to her Son, Jesus in Word, Body and Blood - truly with us and touching us to make us clean!
Jesus, how we love you with our all! May we give to you our burdens and sins and be made clean to show ourselves to the priest and love and serve you without counting the cost. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html

The 13 new Catholics! Thank you, Lord!







No comments:
Post a Comment