Saturday, January 18, 2020

Stormy Saturday with Mother Mary/Time with baby Jude/Rose Again sends slippers!

 My sweet buddy through the storm yesterday... how he loved to have a perch to look outside at the heavy snow falling and the man next store shoveling the snow.
 Mom said that he loves to be back home and able to scoot around seeing his toys, books, stand up to chairs and couches, and he was such a sweet boy for grandma yesterday.  Napping, feeding himself, and smiling so wonderfully for his old grandma, who took way too many pictures of him!  Love the missing sock, which was put back on over and over, but was off shortly after.
 Giving grandma the hug sign - at least that is how I am interpreting this cuteness...
 Grandpa came over the help his dad with the snow blower and help grandma get home... He brought along some reindeer slippers from cousin, Rose again!  So cute!
 Super cute!!!

There is some sadness today realizing that our retreat would have been in full swing by now, and very sad that the Lord had a different plan than our own.  There is a lot of cold wind and ground drifting, but there was no way we could have not canceled especially with the snow plows not plowing until tomorrow morning and everything else canceled around here.
 Huge windows looking out on the snowy world - Jude was so happy and excited to see his mother come home from work!  How he loves her!

Saturdays are devoted to our Spiritual Mother, Mary the Mother of God!  Each day is filled with Mary for me, and it is super special to have this day for her!  I feel that same JOY and excitement and peace when I turn to Mary in the rosary each day!  I have expanded my prayer to 10 decades so that I can lift up each of my kids and their growing families, my Most Cherished Cross/husband Patrick, our 5 Godchildren, my family, Pat's family and my beloved Church.  I admit that there are lots of days that I do not get them all covered, but when I am in my chapel on wheels traveling somewhere... The prayer is rich and full!
John clearing the snow...
 He was so fun to spend the day with!
 Adorableness!!!  John says that he is so in love with them that shortly they are off his feet and in his hands!
 There is an animal on my feet!
 That red nose is too special to leave alone right Jude?

Today in the Gospel Jesus reminds us that we need to realize that we are nothing without him and do not get all puffed up and righteous about our stumbling down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross!
“Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
Jesus heard this and said to them,
“Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”
Mark 2

Yes, we are His, but we are certainly a long way from righteous - we see that each day we stumble and fall into our weaknesses and sinful ways.  He calls us to humbly lay those at his feet and ask Jesus to heal us and help us to make a better effort with his help.

I recall when I had my hip replaced a number of years back at the same time as Pat's mother fell and broke hers and we were recovering from hip surgery at the same time!  I was speaking to Hallel on the phone about how weak and sick I was and not near as strong as Pat's mother.  "Mom, when we are weak is when we need Jesus and turn to him."  "Yes!  May I always be weak and so that I always turn to Jesus!"  I embrace my being poor, lowly and it humbles me... Jesus, I need you and I ask your Mother this day to take me by the hand and lead me to you.
Almost a year ago in KC - George is now close to 10 1/2 months old, and they live in Delano, MN, and Bernadette still has her dimples which she got from her grandpa Pat, and mother Nancy!  So precious to have that in their genes!
 Joy sure loves her baby Jude!
 Gus with his baby brother George almost a month ago now.. Christmas
 Nancy's arms are full of this sweet happy healthy boy after two hard losses... Maximilian was lost at 20 weeks in the womb on Thanksgiving the year before!
 With grandpa at his brothers and sisters Christmas program.  Grandpa dimples are in his smile creases...
 John with his arms full of Jude and George!
Missing Hector for Christmas...

We had to go and see him soon after The New Year - in between storms going through the mountains!

Jesus, we are nothing without you, and we are eternally grateful that we have your humble beautiful mother to bring our needs and our all to you.  We know that we cannot love her too much, because we could never love her more than you love her!  May we die to self so that your Spirit may dwell in us and we may go forth as your hands and feet.  Keep all safe out in the storms of nature and life this day.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 A rare one of Dominic smiling for the camera after we shared mass at CCC - St Joseph's
 Nancy's family!
 Oldest Augustine smirks at the tubing hill.
Building family ties that bind in the younger girls - missing Evie!  I think that I am nostalgic and counting the days til next year and longing for Maria's bunch to make it!  Family sharing our Faith was set into motion by my amazing parents 48 years ago as they brought all 13 of us into The Church!  Each day since has been such a gift and blessing and thanks to them - Our Lady became my Mother!!!  Bless-bless, Barb
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html

My father, Deacon Robert Cross, in Colman, SD Church where he was Administrator for 3 years - 90 miles from my door to theirs and they learned first hand about the prairie and about the wind/blizzards in the winter up close and personal!
Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says '"The Rosary is my favorite prayer. It is a marvelous prayer." St. John Paul II'
I agree with you St JPII - "Totus Tuus"/Totally yours my Mother!

How did it come to treating babies in the womb like garbage or trash to get rid of?  Lord, may your LIGHT shine on this culture of death.  Protect and cherish all LIFE from conception to natural death!

Picking up my brother in Glencoe on our way!  Family united to speak for LIFE!
Danielle Rose - Wonderfully made/Psalm 139
Zach Williams - Rescue Story
Tauren Wells - Hills and Valleys
Tauren Wells - God's not done with you

No comments:

Post a Comment