Wednesday, December 16, 2020

"Jesus wants to heal us body and soul." Fr Denny - Wednesday daily mass on this 3rd week of Advent/Chapel on wheels with Pat

Love this from 8 years ago!  Classic with one crying - Patrick, one dancing - Bernadette, and one smiling - Rose again!  I am quite interested to see how much Rose, who is also at 7 months here is like our newest grandchild, Birdie Barbara...
I just got done ordering our Christmas cards for this year, and writing the family letter... it fills me with lots of deep happiness and JOY to see the Lord at work in our domestic Church/family even in the midst of this world wide pandemic. How I love to see my little namesake sharing in the wonder of our glorious Church with all that we are given to help us on this journey down the narrow path!  No greater gift than to share our Faith as a family!
3 years ago in front of my parent's Christmas tree in their home - they have since added Hector - one of the 3 boys from last year, and are expecting a new granddaughter/sister next spring!  

My father was aware that our 20th grandchild was in the womb shortly before he passed on October 23rd!  Now we are comforted in knowing of their prayers for new life and the respect of ALL LIFE from heaven!

Wearing our Christmas shirt from my family Christmas of 2016!  It is with great sadness we are unable to gather for the first time in 35 years due to the virus!  Yet....

Our first ever Verly Christmas is happening the second week of January!!!  All of us together on the farm - only missing our Hallel!  Nancy ordered her one too, that she might be able to wear over her habit!  It's the right color!  We know that with the situation in the world that until it happens this is a fake plan, but we are praying and hopefilled that it can happen.  We are all making big fun plans and the big warm shop on the farm will be where we will eat and congregate for all kinds of activities including those for body and soul!!!

Bouncy house and rosary!  It reminds me of Fr Denny's words today at 7a mass - "Jesus wants to heal us body and soul."

The words of Jesus today assuring us from the Gospel according to Luke 7
At that time Jesus cured many of their diseases, sufferings, and evil spirits;
he also granted sight to many who were blind. 
And Jesus said to them in reply,
“Go and tell John what you have seen and heard:
the blind regain their sight,
the lame walk,
lepers are cleansed,
the deaf hear, the dead are raised,
the poor have the good news proclaimed to them. 
And blessed is the one who takes no offense at me.”
The 3 set of boys from 6 years ago!  Luke, Dominic and Romeo are now best buddies and will so love their time together in a few weeks!  Please, Lord, allow us to come together and have wonderful family time - healthy and happy and celebrating the Christmas Season of JOY!
An armful of the same boys a year later!  Now they are 7 and 6!  Bikes in the shop will for sure be part of their fun times!  Also bent over pushing dump trucks into each other and around us!

So much excitement as we pray and hope and make "fake plans."  
Dad wore his shirt to CCC last year.  He would have worn our new shirts this year with a smile on his face as he shared our life on the farm in 2020 for an entire growing season!  It was with great JOY that I used the doctored family picture we took  on Labor Day including my father for my Christmas card this year...

Added the only 2 missing - Hallel and Captain Joseph ... 31 of us all around my father.  I debated waiting for our Christmas to get a picture of the 29 that will gather, but this is perfect for 2020 as due to covid my father came to live with me on the farm for 6 months and made this into a "Farm Monastery" where we did the work of prayer!  LOVE!
LOVE the red, but the blue ones will be so special for our big family picture... yes, it is no surprise that I have plans for those, right?
A gift for my parents with the many handprints of the few that attended CCC last year.  

I had to laugh as we approached my parents' grave.  The words of my mother rang in my ears - "We had better die when there are no mosquitoes as they are terrible in the summer!"  Mom died in cold March, and dad was buried on Halloween!  Not a mosquito in sight!  They did it!  
Finding JOY in 2020!  Even though I am still in denial in many ways that mom and dad are both gone this past year, there is comfort in knowing that they are now together in heaven, and although I miss them terribly and speak to them daily... I am assured of their love and concern for me and my family without a doubt!
Birdie and grandma praying a rosary... yes, the ornaments are up as they have 2 babies in the house.  That is as high as Jude can reach... so cute and fun to see John and Bobbi with their 2 precious babies in 2 years!  God is good all the time, and this is quite miraculous!

Pat and I took some cows to the sales barn and then on to do some shopping in Sioux Falls.  LOVE my chapel on wheels as we pray morning prayer and the rosary and I manage to get those 10 decades prayed as we pass through the quiet countryside with all the harvest now in the bins!  

2019 with the 3 new boys and their mothers and my parents, who celebrated 70 years together in marriage, not knowing that it would be their last!  A wonderful year that we celebrate and cherish.  I am so grateful for the wonderful times I was gifted to spend with my parents together, and then dad here on the farm as he had foretold about 25 years ago..."If mom dies, I want to come and live with you, Barb."

Jesus, so much JOY comes from my family sharing our Faith in you, Mother Mary, and your Bride, The Church!  I am the LORD, there is no other;
I form the light, and create the darkness,
I make well-being and create woe;
I, the LORD, do all these things.
Let justice descend, O heavens, like dew from above,
like gentle rain let the skies drop it down.
Let the earth open and salvation bud forth;
let justice also spring up!
I, the LORD, have created this.  Isaiah 45 from the first reading today - "Salvation bud forth" into our lives is what we live and long for!  To be forever with you in heaven!  Hear and answer our prayers and may we die to self so that your Holy Spirit may live in us and we may be your hands and feet and voice of one crying out in the darkness!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Yes, Birdie Barbara she is beautiful and is our Patroness of the unborn and of The Americas!  "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you!"
So powerful to pray with John - we now have a 2 hour block with time to be alone with Jesus and time to pray together as we overlap!  A blessing and a gift!  Bless-bless, Barbara
My Charlie Brown Christmas tree in my prayer space where I read each day numerous daily meditations left for me by both my parents!
A beautiful hymn shared by dad's man, Brother Victor-Antoine.  Thanks, Dad, I love you and miss you each day.  I am so blessed to have you continue to guide me and pray for me with mom from heaven!
Brother Victor yesterday... I love to share in his monastic life... so close to Jesus through the life of a religious in The Church!

This perfectly describes how I felt this morning as Fr Denny did mass much as I recall when I was a new Catholic living behind the enclosure with the Cenacle Sisters and discerning a call.  Each morning an elderly monsignor would say mass in the bright January sunlight!  How I fell in LOVE with my Jesus in Body and Blood!  
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html







Danielle Rose 




Gregorian Chant for Advent

Bach Advent Cantata



 

No comments:

Post a Comment