Sunday, July 31, 2022

18th Sunday on July 31st - St Ignatius and dad in heaven today - "Robert, I know all about you! Who do you think the Sisters were praying to?"

 

My dad with Hallel 2 years ago here on the farm on this Feast of St Ignatius!  Yes, today the 18th Sunday of Ordinary time trumps the feast but for me it is still huge!  

As Pat and I were driving to mass this morning we talked about the JOY in heaven today as dad would surely give St Ignatius a high 5, and then proceed to share our story of dad hearing the Holy Spirit call him and his family of 13 into The Church while attending a Ignatian retreat at the Cenacle Convent in Wayzata, and reading Isaiah 55:1-2 which is very Eucharistic!  

Baby Birdie was born while dad lived here in May, and he enjoyed watching her grow and develop!

Pat and I laughed about how St Ignatius would respond to dad today;  "I know all about you Robert!  Who do you think the Sisters were praying to for your conversion?"

The beautiful begonia that was on my porch 2 years ago while dad and I prayed each day our chaplet and rosary - Josephine Francis saying goodbye to Hallel 2 years ago now.  
Dad left me a icon of St Ignatius that is over our bed now... he had to come out for a special recognition today on his feast!  Mom's rings I just found seemed appropriate with her mother's ring with the 12 kids there as we all came into The Church with my parents 50 years ago after their retreat and following conversion!  Each day since has been a JOY!
The heart rock the military grandkids gave me from the woods by them in Fort Lewis, Washington.  The paver with our families' names - even the 7 losses was a gift from John and seems so appropriate today!  Dad bringing us into The Church 50 years ago set the stage for my marriage to farmer hubby, Pat!  He had told his sisters about that time that he would only marry a Catholic and I give his determination and prayers for me to help bring us all 13 into The Church!  
In 3 days we will celebrate 44 years of marriage on August 3rd!  So I first met Pat at his sister's wedding the summer before - so it was 5 years after I came into The Church and fell head over heels with ALL that the Catholic Church gives to me!  NO shopping cart Catholic here! I LOVE, love, Love it ALL!!!  
The words he holds are so powerful, too!!!  "We are created to share in God's LOVE and LIFE for eternity."  Thank you, Lord and Lady!
In the kitchen with the wall of family behind and the brick from our 100+ year old Church!  
Dad I miss you so much, but you feel so close to me this day.  I know that you have now reached a place where you can truly share in LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT for eternity!
I love that mom and dad keep my eyes on the JOY of heaven and these days are truly those of feasts!
Now the family is visible and so much we owe to my parents, the Cenacle Sisters and their prayers for us, Jesus, Mary and the Saints especially St Ignatius, and of course the Prophet Isaiah, and the prayers of my husband for his future Catholic wife - me!!!  
My family wall constantly has to be updated... 3 new granchildren last year and a new one coming in January!  Each new life brings more LOVE!  
Dad's man Brother Victor today so sweetly writes about the Holy family as models for them as monks - "In Nazareth, Mary stood close by Jesus and Jospeh, supporting, encouraging and protecting them..."  Through Jesus in The Word - "we open the eyes of our hearts to the mystery of the every day."
Now the first page of his sweet sharing!  

Open the eyes of my heart - Michael W. Smith
Sucn great words in the Office today about St Ignatius!

How dad loves The Name!  Dad and mom are truly sharing in "the crown of LIFE in heaven!"
Jude and Birdie sharing a milkshake at the Lincoln County Fair in Tyler last night!  
A 3 year old boy and his machinery - Jude the dude! 
The Southwest Cattleman made and gave away 500 hamburgers at the Lincoln County Fair last night.  Pat brought along Rose, Dave and Gus!  
The relic that mom and dad brought to John when his cancer grew back through the chemo in September!  Father anointed John in the center aisle at 8a mass on Sunday and prayed over John with the relic.  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories 

John's Spirit Juice video 

So great to have him close and how we appreciate his involvement in John's healing now 13 years later!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 53 - 34 with us and 19 in heaven.  










Danielle Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment