Contemplative Life
“Before all else let God be loved3!” “Seated at the feet of the Lord4” we keep the Word of God and, with the Virgin Mary, ponder it in our hearts. We draw this Living Water of the Word of God from the pierced heart of Jesus on the Cross, from the daily Eucharist, from Eucharistic Adoration, and from the long celebrations of the Divine Office, day and night, in this contemplative life that reveals to us the mystery of the Lamb.
At the foot of the Cross with Lumen Chrisit Monastery/LIGHT of Christ monastery behind us.Pat cutting hay fills his day - he is concerned about the rain, but he goes ahead since it is blue skies and sunny now.
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"
Adoration morning and night! Pat and his 4th daughter, Hallel, who blesses us with sharing in her religious LIFE!
Mary's graduation picture is unique and so special for me to see her with Jesus - the LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE! Pat and I were left alone with Jesus as the little Sisters and Brothers left for a while to say goodbye to a girl that had lived with them from Spain for 3 months.
I walked right up to be close to Jesus on the altar and the tears just flowed! So close to Him, Mary's goal to reach heaven for which I have prayed daily for there 36 years! The loss of my many children in heaven with her - 7 including Thomas, whom I lost the night before her wake - I hemorrhaged so badly that I thought I might join Mary that night! So powerful that the healing of the woman bleeding for 12 years is in the Gospel today!
A woman suffering hemorrhages for twelve years came up behind him
and touched the tassel on his cloak.
She said to herself, “If only I can touch his cloak, I shall be cured.”
Jesus turned around and saw her, and said,
“Courage, daughter! Your faith has saved you.”
And from that hour the woman was cured. Luke 9
I feel assured that Mary is truly and joyfully gazing upon Jesus in heaven forever with both of our parents joining her along with my brother, Lincoln, who lived only 2 days. Also the 13 losses - children and grandchildren! That is a chorus of great Rejoicing!
The Psalm from mass today is an Hallel Psalm - total Praise to our God! Hallel comes from Hallelujah!
Responsorial Psalm PS 145:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R. (8a) The Lord is gracious and merciful.
Every day will I bless you,
and I will praise your name forever and ever.
Great is the LORD and highly to be praised;
his greatness is unsearchable.
R. The Lord is gracious and merciful.
Generation after generation praises your works
and proclaims your might.
They speak of the splendor of your glorious majesty
and tell of your wondrous works.
R. The Lord is gracious and merciful.
Hallel with her Godmother, Mary. Hallel was only 8 months old when Mary died from lymphoma cancer. She was sick when we decided to have Mary and her husband be Susan's godparents - I thought that the Lord would spare her to live for her husband, daughter and my two daughters, Susan and Nancy, who are her Godchildren. The Lord had other mysterious plans that we will know someday.
The Word is Jesus coming forth at mass to bring us to Truth and reveal the LIGHT to us!
Hallel using grandma Ann's ice cream scoop, which Pat's mother gave to them when then visited her many years back! The Community came to the U.S. to Kansas City on the invitation of Archbishop Joseph Naumann in 2008. Susan had just left for France, and 6 Little Sisters came to visit us on the farm, and also to visit Pat's mom. A year later we had the battle of John's brain cancer...
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories
John's story overlapped with Hallel's - miraculously we were able to be there for Hallel's taking of her habit and changing her name to Hallel! When we crossed over into Missouri - the corn was tasseled! We are quite a ways from that here.Driving through Iowa and Missouri to get to Kansas during the daylight we appreciated the differences in the crops as we drove South, and the next day back North. Today being the National holiday for our country - we had heavy hearts after the last few weeks of being attacked for our Prolife
The Truth and how I pray each day that innocent lives in danger of abortion are saved and protected!the best time of my week! I am blessed with the first hour of each Monday with Jesus in adoration, and super blessed to overlap with John with whom we usually pray for half an hour together! Than I also have an hour praying with 7 Sisters for Fr Denny each week on Friday in the beautiful church in front of the tabernacle!
Our country needs prayer!!! We need to come back to morals and values that are from our Lord and Lady and The True Church!
St Thomas - I repeat his words when the Body and Blood is consecrated - "My Lord and My God."
Yes, embrace our Most Cherished Cross to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
So many prayers and so sad at the attacks from family and friends.
My parents' paver at the grotto of Mary in Manistique, MI. How I long to be there this time of the summer!
Honoring Mary at the Lake years ago. My weeks there would be over the first week of July, so I would honor her where we shared many close times of walking and talking as we looked for fossils on the beach in Grand Traverse Bay - she was 7 yeasrs younger than I, so she would fit under my arm as we walked together.
Each life is to be proteced and cherished from conception to natural death!
Little Sister Olivianna wearing Pat's prolife hat - "its a child, not a choice!"
Now with mom Verly's ice cream scoop!
Hallel looks up to her dad, and it is so special when they can share time solving the world's problems and sharing their love for the farm! Hallel has learned that she really loves to work with her hands and do carpentry work building things - a chip off the old block!
When we arrived we had a whole hour to visit - just the 3 of us!
May we learn from St Mother Teresa of Calcutta - how to be humble!
Jesus will not abandon his ship!
I even got ridiculed for sharing this! That day Pat got home at 10p after leaving at 7a to begin cutting hay! Have some respect for all the work the farmers do to feed the world! Please!!!
Friday July 1st at daily mass - Fr Denny raises the Cup now the Blood of Christ! TAKE THIS ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT, FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD, THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS. DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
Jesus, I am overwhelmed by your Plan for us and all the ways that you give us so many blessings and graces! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
A year ago Major Joseph returned from Afghanistan to meet his new daughter, Magdalene Rose, for the first time!Visiting the Grotto with granddaughter, Mary, and her namesake, Great Aunt Mary about 6 years ago.
Hear my prayer for LIFE!
A new sculpture on Hwy 19 in the Rosary garden - the Scourging! So powerful!
Wonderful - look at the scourges on his body even!
"You can never love Mary too much! You can never love her more than Jesus does." St Maximlian Kolbe
My best hours of the week!
I do love our country - just sad that our Lord has been taken out of it in so many ways!
Dad today really spoke to me as we just spent amazing time with Jesus/The Word in KC with Hallel and The Community of the Lamb!
A year ago - Happiness with Major Joseph and his 7 wonderful children! Now for the big move from one coast to the other. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara and the 51 - 34 with us and 17 in heaven!
Italy - so stunning!
Mackinaw bridge today.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment