Saturday, September 3, 2022

Ruth and Paul and family amaze!/Quiet Labor Day weekend/Tommy and grandpa!/"We are fools on Christ’s account..."

Pat and I stopped in for Pat to get his first look at the huge project that Ruth and Paul and family have begun this week!  Tommy heard grandpa's voice and made it very clear that he wanted to be in his grandpa's arms!  
Rose bringing up Tom to be with his wonderful grandpa!  I predict that every morning after school starts that grandpa will stop in the farmhouse for some "Tom time!"  
"Where is he?"
Up stairs...
Ruth working in the heat with hot iron that melts the tar used to keep down the linoleum that they tore up to find an ancient hard wood floor underneath.  She amazes with her hard work and many hours!   
David learning from his parents to do the long hard tedious jobs necessary to remodel yourself!  Ruth and Paul remind me of other couples in our family - my parents and my brother and his wife - Dan and Angela.  For some couples this is what gives them JOY and the results are truly amazing!  
14 years old Dave doesn't usually let grandma take pictures these days, but this needs to be recorded for their family history!  This will be a very special place directly across the street from the Catholic Church!  Many say that it is a great asset to the Community of Marshall!  I even have dreams of being there someday in my Parsonage Monastery!  
Joy showing me where 2 twin beds will be - they say that it will sleep 11 people!  
Cute bathroom upstairs with a lot of light through the glass block windows!  
Showing grandpa around the upstairs with 4 bedrooms and a bathroom.
Joy reflecting on the wonderful project her parents and family are undertaking.
Tommy and grandpa - Tom cried when grandpa had to leave.  Pat is certainly a lover of LIFE and the babies know it!  He gave us the family motto we all live by - "Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!"  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!" 

Some of the special touches in this 90 year old house which was originally a parsonage for the Presbyterian and the Lutheran Churches!  They think that it will be called The Parsonage.  So sweet and cool to know the history.  The view out the front windows of our beloved Holy Redeemer Catholic Church is a dream to me!  

Yes, right across the street!  
Replacing some of the windows is part of the plan.  Also a wonderful front porch for wedding pictures somewhere down the road.  Ruth loves her porches!  

Imagine with a sweet front porch across the front!  The family posing with the improved front.  I have no doubt that Ruth will have stunning flower beds as she also has a passion for gardening and keeps up on the weeding too!  So much like my mom and brother Dan here too!  

Did something a bit crazy: Ruth’s been dreaming of doing an Airbnb (think hotel but in a house) for a while now. Found this toad next to the Catholic Church in Marshall. Only had it for a few days but it’s already taking shape. Hoping to start taking guests in October, thinking will be perfect for weddings and funerals. Will keep updated on status, stop by to check it out! Paul's words on FB today!

Ruth also has 7 children from soon to be 18 and Tom, who will be one in November.  It will be just Ruth and Tom when they all start school next week Tuesday.  They will be spending time at the house for sure.
Yes, they are crazy and excited at the same time!  
The kitchen - soon to be so much better with lots of hard work!  
Has to go!  
Doing the hardest of jobs!  So hot too!  Thankfully it is cooler today with the house open to allow the fresh breezes to blow through!  
There is a beautiful wood floor underneath the paper protection.
Such a big job, but they thrive on seeing the transformation!  I am in awe of them.  
My brother, Dan and his beautiful wife, Angela on Lake Michigan for a Anniversary meal by the Lake!  They are celebrating 40 years today!!!  They are like Ruth and Paul and love to remodel together!  Just as my parents before them.  
They are staying in an Airbnb in Manistique, MI for a week of their Anniversary - toasting them with coffee this morning.  How I would love to join them there!  I miss Michigan so very much!  I am happy that they share me their time there! 

A picture they shared from a stop at the Marina as St Ignace on Lake Michigan.  

The farm sink Ruth has cleaned up for the kitchen!
The piece that will be used for the welcome place as you come in to their Airbnb!  
The kitchen table she found and painted with 6 chairs that go with it.
Grandson, Patrick, 8 years ago - he will be 10 in a month.  He had a traumatic birth while dad was deployed to Afghanistan - grandma baptized him in NICU in Divine Providence Hospital in downtown El Paso, TX.  He is the picture of health!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The story of little Lamb - grandson Patrick 
Wow!  6 bridges in Venice - Wisdom, hope, love, help, faith and friendship 🇮🇹
LOVE this so much!  I truly am filled with PEACE when I take up my beads each day!  My sharing here my Faith and total LOVE for Jesus, Mary and The Church allows me to join St Paul today in his words to the Corinthians!

For as I see it, God has exhibited us Apostles as the last of all,
like people sentenced to death,
since we have become a spectacle to the world,
to angels and men alike.
We are fools on Christ’s account, but you are wise in Christ;
we are weak, but you are strong;
you are held in honor, but we in disrepute.
To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty,
we are poorly clad and roughly treated,
we wander about homeless and we toil, working with our own hands.
When ridiculed, we bless; when persecuted, we endure;
when slandered, we respond gently.
We have become like the world’s rubbish, the scum of all,
to this very moment.  I Corinthians 4
Since mom and dad died 2 years ago 7 months apart after 70 years together here on earth... I can envision this with them looking on at the Consecration of his Body and Blood!  I have no doubt that they are with the angels and Saints in heaven!  Maybe I look foolish, but I know this is the Truth!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: "spending his last miles on earth in a Catholic home"/"the crowd was pressing in..." - my blog from 2 years ago today with my dad here as well as Maria and her family visiting!  How I love this quote that so spoke of my father's time here in my Catholic home!
Dad greeting Maria's 6 from the breakfast table this morning - we had to retreat to his room to do morning prayer with some tears in our eyes as I shared this with my father!

Yesterday I brought Father Yves Normandin home to spend his last miles here on Earth in a Catholic home where morning prayers, grace before and after meals, daily rosary, Catholic readings, and night prayers with his priestly blessing are on the daily menu.
Father asks that you keep him in your prayers and asks God to bestow his priestly bénédiction on all those who do... Matthew Taylor/Catholic Prayer Group

Dad and I shared morning and evening prayer of The Church as he was a Permanent Deacon in the Catholic Church for 44 years - 6 years after he and mom brought all 13 into The Catholic Church 50 years ago!  Each day since has been a gift to me!  We also shared the chaplet and rosary each day at 3p on my porch for an entire growing season on the farm!  So blessed!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic! 

Suffering is The Cross we are asked very day to take up and follow him.  I am famous for saying that there are many times that I "drag" my Cross as I am the weakest of the weak!  
Prayed with every decade of the rosary and truly a deeply held prayer in my heart, mind and soul!  
My lone sunflower is going crazy - I guess it alone likes the sun, but our crops are dying in the drought.  
Blue skies with no rain in sight for at least 10 days and only 30% chance at that point.  
Always have to take 3 of everything.
I am watering my garden and the squash blossoms are grateful and beautiful 
An example of what dad left behind for me each day in his well worn prayer book!  It is like I am still sitting and learning and sharing our Faith at his feet!  He is still with me!  
Dad and "The Name!"
A beautiful sharing by Pope Benedict XVI - this book mom left for me after reading is daily for 10 years!  I am truly lifted up by both my parents!  I miss them so much, yet they continue to be close by my side on this journey down the narrow path with heaven forever with them and ALL the SAINTS, Jesus, Mary!  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 54 - 34 with us and 20 in heaven!  
Dan and Angela sharing the stunning view of Beautiful Beach!  What glorious weather for them, too!  

Yes, we are having a quiet Labor Day weekend with no family visiting.  Nancy was just here for canning on Thursday and even the mother cows are quiet after mooing for a few days for their calves that were weaned off them a few days ago.  They are pregnant with next year's calves, so once the swelling passes in their udders they need to concentrate on that.  

A special picture by Therese painted 2 years ago today!  Hector painting with grandma - so much more special to me than a photograph!  


















Danielle Rose - Our Story | Danielle Rose | Beauty Unnoticed 



Tauren Wells



 

No comments:

Post a Comment